General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

When to sell, Why to sell

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Default When to sell, Why to sell

Im just curious about why everyone sells their mustangs. My guess would be because of lack of room, money, or because its the wrong type of car for that persons life. At the point im at now, its none of those reasons, but it seems my mustang just isnt for me. I have a 1971 Mustang Fastback, which i bought for 5500$ and put over 3000$ in parts into it, including rebuilding engine( under 3k on it), performance engineparts, 9 inch rear w/ 3.73's POSI, T5 5 speed trans, NEw clutch etc, repainted the engine bay while engine was out, rolled rustoleum on the full underside of the car after wirewheeling it, put new brakes on, and currently, new carpets, dashpad, shifter boot, handle, and ****, ive added different guage cluster w/ LED's and a mach1 indash tach. The suspension is all new, with new a arms, bushings, bearings, etc. The car is basicly a restorer, that i just am not happy with. I keep putting more money and lots of time into it and it still just doesnt seem to be what i want. Do you think im crazy for wanting to sell it after all of this blood sweat and money? I love taking it out for a cruise, starts good, runs nice. I get all kinds of compliments and thumbs ups. I took it out to a local car show today and it got some looks, it wasnt a 20k$ car with perfect lines or anything, but an actual driver. After having this car i dont think im much of a "muscle" car kind of guy. If anything, im more of a modern muscle, i Love my GTP and the smoothness, the power, and the options that i want on a newer project( 00+ stang) With a mustang like mine what could it be worth? i have 8500$ in it to break even + my hours, do you think i could get 9000$ for it? The floors are Great and i replaced the cowls, so its not a rustbucket( cept for some holes in the trunk im not looking at) It needs some small things to make me content, like a new disty cap, electronic points, cleaned rims, alignment, touchup some paint spots( its nowhere near perfect), Exhaust thats pulled closer to the floor of the carand some other small things. One thing thats driven me over the edge is my Right turn signal... i just cant fix it, the blinker light wither stays on on the gage cluster, or doesnt turn off( stays solid) i just want a modern car thats more reliable, smoother, consistant. I went to a car show... and there parked a triced out 67 coupe, and a 02 cobra.... They both looked amazing... but just thinking, 20 years ago, if we would have lined those cars up, people would be so amazed at the 02, just because of the technology, theyre special because therye modern, and we drive cars like that nowadays for a reason, I guess the muscle cars are just for the slick body lines and the memories of the old days... Well, ill remember the EVO's, STI's, Turbo civs, Newer mustangs and all of the modern muscle. So i guess my Stang is up for sale, i hope im making a right decision, i just dont seem happy with it, but its not the type of project car i was lookin for! -Jon

Some pics from today after a good buffing( still needs another + a wax)

Old 06-03-2007, 06:03 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: When to sell, Why to sell

Don't know...never sold a Mustang (4-cyl's don't count).
Old 06-03-2007, 10:05 PM
roush17
3rd Gear Member

Where are you located?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

strongsville, ohio -Jon
Old 06-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

You shouldn't have trouble getting 10k for it. You may think about trading someone that has a car you may like. I would be willing to wager that there's a 4.6L owner or two that would trade you.