General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I can't get no satisTRACTION

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 11:44 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I can't get no satisTRACTION

also if you want you should get some chains for your tires...also when you put sand in the back of your car but some of that melting ice stuff in there it helps if you get stuck on ice if you melt some it and then you wil have a bit more traction
Old 01-09-2005, 08:17 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

definately get some snow tires and rims that you can take off in the spring and put back on in the winter, you will notice a huuuge difference, i know i did, but dont sell your car because of a little trouble moving, drop a little moeny into some tires and you will be glad you didnt sell your cvar afterwards
Old 01-10-2005, 02:02 AM
2000iav6
2nd Gear Member

I know, man. I'm just SOOO frustrated that I can't leave my house in my damn car! And listening to my (correct) wife tell me, "I told you so!!!!" [:@]

Dan, I am all over eBay looking for some 16" rims to fit the Blizzaks I already have!
Nonetheless, I am going to PM you with my number so you can call me and we can talk.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:13 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

UPDATE!! which never seems to happen enough around here
ORIGINAL: BlackMage

definately get some snow tires and rims that you can take off in the spring and put back on in the winter, you will notice a huuuge difference, i know i did, but dont sell your car because of a little trouble moving, drop a little moeny into some tires and you will be glad you didnt sell your cvar afterwards
I bought some rims off eBay for $150 - set of 16" stockers. Put the 225-55-16 snow tires I had on them. Put three bags of softener salt in the trunk (MUCH cleaner than sand). Voila! Problem solved. I have traction out the ying yang.
In fact, it's so good, I'm thinking about adding a snowplow now for a little mod money on the side!

WERD, my nizzles! The pounder (formerly that skell 2000iav6) is HAPPY!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 09:16 AM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the update! Happy to hear you are on the road and going faster then 10mph.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

Snow...hahahaha...I'm sorry...I live in Miami...I haven't seen snow since I traveled North 10 years ago.....lol
Old 02-10-2005, 01:33 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101
Snow...hahahaha...I'm sorry...I live in Miami...I haven't seen snow since I traveled North 10 years ago.....lol
Then you haven't LIVED, man!!

Oh, while I'm at it...

[sm=shutup.gif][sm=smiley26.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=icon_quiet.gif] PPPPPPBBBBBBTTTTTTHHHHH!!!!!!!

[sm=sigh.gif]
Old 02-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

PPPPPPBBBBBBTTTTTTHHHHH!!!!!!!
HAHAHA...you know, if this were a skying forum or something like that, I'd be saying the same to you....but as it is, sports cars are best served in warm weather....shown off too...I think all of you should move to Miami....it's not like we have a shortage of 'stang fans here, and you'd be among friends! Seriously, you're all welcome...if you ever down here, drop me a line...show you the sights...;-) And if I ever want to go skiing...I know who to call. Right Groundpounder? hehehehe[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Phillyblunt474
2nd Gear Member

HAHAHA...you know, if this were a skying forum or something like that, I'd be saying the same to you....but as it is, sports cars are best served in warm weather....shown off too...I think all of you should move to Miami....it's not like we have a shortage of 'stang fans here, and you'd be among friends! Seriously, you're all welcome...if you ever down here, drop me a line...show you the sights...;-) And if I ever want to go skiing...I know who to call. Right Groundpounder? hehehehe[IMG][/IMG]
Hah dont call groundpounder, theres like not even a hill in iowa. Up here in minnesota atleast we have some hills along with our snow lol
Old 02-12-2005, 05:15 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

HAHAHA...you know, if this were a skying forum or something like that, I'd be saying the same to you....but as it is, sports cars are best served in warm weather....shown off too...I think all of you should move to Miami....it's not like we have a shortage of 'stang fans here, and you'd be among friends! Seriously, you're all welcome...if you ever down here, drop me a line...show you the sights...;-) And if I ever want to go skiing...I know who to call. Right Groundpounder? hehehehe
Ain't it the truth? I love it here and do enjoy the winters because it is so different. There's a whole different set of stuff you can do if you have the right clothes and equipment. To wit: I have a 46" plow on the front of my 20HP riding mover. I plow off my driveway and then go along my subdivision and do my neighbors' just for fun! It's like a big ol' Tonka toy!!!! WHEEEE!!!
I must admit I miss the mild winters of Texas, but I'll trade these winter for those summers or your hurricanes ANY DAY!!

Hey, philly, I was in Red Wing this weekend at Welch Village! That place is AWESOME!!!