General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ever heard of PACEMARK tire brand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:44 PM
97Cobra

Default Ever heard of PACEMARK tire brand?

Hey Guys,

On my Cobra, it has a tire brand I (nor anyone else I have asked) seems to have heard of. It is called PACEMARK and they are H95 rated ... Anyone know of them?? I'm thinking I may be burning them off in the spring and getting a good brand ...

~Erik
Old 01-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Choppa
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ever heard of PACEMARK tire brand?

isnt an H rating really bad and the 95 isnt that the top speed that the tire is rated at? if i were you id defly burn them off [sm=burnout.gif] and perhabs a vid of u doing it wont be to bad [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 01-19-2005, 07:00 PM
97Cobra

I believe H means 130 MPH capable ... and 95 is the tire load (1,521 lbs) ... but who know what rubber quality these "PACEMARK" tires are ... these are definatly not GoodYears or Kumhos. If I recall correctly V, W & Y are better then H tires for performance.

And yes ... when/if I burn them ... there will be lots of pictures! Then, rotate them and burn off the fronts ... hehehe

~Erik
Old 01-19-2005, 07:46 PM
97Cobra

Hmmm ... not encouraging ... found these posts from a while back on the web:

"Can't really help you with the latest versions, but the previous generation was terrible.Admittedly I bought them used and they were well worn, but they scared me they were so greasy wet or dry. FYI they were fitted to a front drive Talon TSi. I've put lots of miles on Eagle GT+4s and although far from perfect,they are a lot better than the Pacemarks."

"Like one of the other respondents I have found there handling characteristics to be terrible. They were on the vehicle when I bought them. But I do not think the problem is only with this specific tire. Most tires sold [from what I have heard} are rejects from other large tire companies. Thus the slight reduction in costs. They all handle Okay under normal conditions but they are terrible under emerency handling, and they wear out much faster. "

I think it is time to [sm=burnout.gif]

~Erik