General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How did your love with the Mustang begin?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: How did your love with the Mustang begin?

I don't love Mustangs, I just happen to own one. Heh [8D]
Old 01-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

My story started about a year ago when my best friend borrowed his cousins '97GT. It was loudas all hell and had a few mods. I loved the car. Later another friend bought a V6 mustang with some inheritence money he could only access if he used it to by a bada** sports car. I loved the way it pulled and the tires chirped. I was hooked from then on and a few months later I got my 96GT. Been happy eversince. love beating riceburners...
Old 01-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

same
Old 01-22-2005, 01:02 AM
95stang5.0
3rd Gear Member

Mine started when i was 8. I was with my dad picking up a tree for our yard. We were at the back of a buildin waitin for his friend ot let us in the building to get the tree. So we wait and he pulls up in a black car, i was 8 didnt know what it was, so we get out loaded the tree up and get back in the truck and he starts his up and it sounds awsome i thougth thats awsome! We get out on the road and it was rainin a lil bit and we pulled out of the parkin lot first, him right behind us and he got on it and his back end fishtailed. I said sweeeeeeet dad waht kind of car is taht he said that is a mustang. I later came to find out it was a 95 Mustang Cobra Black, It was sweet. So ever since then every dollar i made went to savings and i just bought my own gt about 4 months ago!!! 5 more days and i will be 16
Old 01-22-2005, 01:39 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

That's a really good question.... i really dont know why i like mustangs as much as i do, but i know there isnt any other kind of car i would rather own, (unless i were allowed to get an exspensive one for free, then sell it, and buy three or four mustangs

the only thing i can think of is when i first started paying attention to cars i saw on the road,
probably around 90-93, and of course, i happened to like the way the IROC camaros looked, but something about the plain mustangs was awesome,,,not to mention chevy's were the bad guy..
haha, oh well, since then, its been all mustang,,

and my urge for one got worse when my dad bought his 72 mach 1, then i had to get mine,

oh plus the first car i ever threw up in was my parents 85 GT, ahh
stigma
Old 01-22-2005, 01:30 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

My dad his first mustang(95 convertable) when I was about 9 and it was kept in the family till I turned 16 and I got it. I didnt want it at first, but fell in love with mustangs more and more over the years. Now I have a GT and hopefully will get a cobra sometime in the next few years.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:00 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

for me I was always a chevy guy.......I never owned a ford til '89 when I bought my lx..2 reasons...the main reason I wanted an IROC and went to 3 dealerships and was treated bad and was told you see the price that's what is cost.....2nd is I saw the ease to work on them and saw the potentail there.....I bought my 5.0 lx which is a 25th av. model for a lil over 10500.00 a steal being they were flying off the lot....but I still love my muscle cars
Old 01-23-2005, 01:13 AM
stock_95gt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

Same here..

also... it's not just mustangs i like.

I love American muscle cars as a whole[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Mustangs, Cameros, Firebirds, Thunderbirds, GTOs, Chevelles, etc.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:28 AM
nastystang

When I was 9 I met Carrol Shelby at a car show where he was driving/showing a 65 R code, that car was by far the nastiest car I had ever seen. From that point on I wanted a Mustang. I have owned alot of mustangs but still have my first a 65 k code I got when I was 12 from a junkyard. Seems like once you love a car its hard to get it out of you system
Old 01-23-2005, 04:32 PM
InfernoKron
1st Gear Member

Well, Dad bought my bro and I a 96 t-bird w/ the 4.6l for our first car. He didn't know that in 96 they put a new intake and 327 gears into the t-bird, so it was faster than it shoulda been. Always loved driving it fast, figured out from experience that is has a 105 speed limiter. Then my bro got a GF, who had a 98 v6 5 speed silver stang. I don't like silver much, but the 6 pulled about as hard as our t-bird from a stop (didn't realise our t-bird woulda raped it in the high end). Learned stick on that car, love driving a stick, especially fast. Started looking on here, figured out I like the 99-04 body style more, drove fast some more, just fell more in love. Got my Mach 1 and love the hell out of it, just scared to death of the day it get's wrecked (and it will with the way I drive).

Quick Reply: How did your love with the Mustang begin?