General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What power can DFX Centerforces take?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:50 AM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

Default What power can DFX Centerforces take?

I have 404hp to the wheels and 393 tq to the wheels. what kind of power can the DFX centerforces handle?
Old 07-28-2007, 08:12 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: What power can DFX Centerforces take?

From Jegs web site
Centerforce's DFX series is engineered for competition standards of quality and craftsmanship. The DFX series is aimed at high-end applications that continually demand increased integrity and holding-capacity. DFX scores big, not only with holding-capacity and strength, but also provides some of the best drivability from a race-inspired clutch. DFX retains an easy pedal effort, thanks to Centerforce's patented ball bearing actuated diaphragm, for smooth engagements without detriment to the vehicle's release components. The Centerforce DFX performance clutch system utilizes Nodular Iron pressure plate rings and reinforcements designed to help prevent drive strap breakage and safety. The DFX series allows the end user to tailor the performance and style of driving with different choices of clutches and clutch discs: From street/strip to full-on drag racing capability.

From Ceterforce' web site

The DFX line is the latest series of performance clutches from Centerforce. Centerforce is proud to announce DFX as their competition-proven clutch package for select import and domestic applications. This new DFX series is engineered for competition standards of quality and craftsmanship. The DFX series is aimed at high-end applications that continually demand increased integrity and holding-capacity. DFX scores big, not only with holding-capacity and strength, but also provides some of the best drivability from a race-inspired clutch. DFX retains an easy pedal effort, thanks to Centerforce’s patented ball bearing actuated diaphragm, for smooth engagements without detriment to the vehicle’s release components. The Centerforce DFX performance clutch system utilizes Nodular Iron pressure plate rings and reinforcements designed to help prevent drive strap breakage and safety. The DFX series allows the end user to tailor the performance and style of driving with different choices of clutches and clutch discs: From street/strip to full-on drag racing capability.

I was looking into them this week. Lil to pricey for me. I'm goin' w/ the dual friction instead. They will handle the power you're making.

Dual friction.......... Jegs site

Up to 90% Increase in Holding Capacity Compared to Stock
These clutch sets, which include a pressure plate and disc, are designed for high-horsepower, high-torque output engines. They're also great for radically-altered street and four-wheel drive with tall tires vehicles
Old 07-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

well i have the chance to get one for 200bux with my transmission iam buying on friday, so if its a good clutch i will go ahead and buy that. if not then i will need a place to buy a 26 spline clutch somewhere. to work with the type of power i have.

so do you think this DFX is good enough? if it is then i guess i'll just get this one as well.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:39 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Yeah, I was recommended the dfx but because of the price, I declined. That's a steel for 200 bucks.