General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Question about my car dealer and the warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:52 AM
nobrakes
2nd Gear Member

Default Question about my car dealer and the warranty

Hey guys, I have an 06 mustang V6 Premium Convertible that I am turning into a GT tribute car. This is my first car and I am already addicted to mods hah.

Heres my story:

I tried going to the dealer I bought the car from yesterday ,but we had a terrible storm. I live in New York, but the dealer is in Freehold New Jersey. I waited in 50 minutes of traffic to go 8 miles so I said forget it and went home.

I have 1 main concern, my dads friend owns a ford and chevy dealership, (he must have split personalities). He will most likely do everything for me if I supply it and he can put it on the ford warranty since it will be OEM GT takeoffs. My question is the following; can I only get my car serviced at the Freehold dealer? What if the freehold dealer goes wait a minute this has dual exhausts and I see a tie between the problem etc. Even though I have it on warranty from my dads friends dealer, can he say no to me because I am stuck with the Freehold dealer being my only service dealer to go to? I dont want to have to go to court just to be serviced for having a dual exhaust void some parts that can be a problem in the future that can be somewhat proven to be fault or just plain BS from the dealer , when I know another dealer will do everything for me as a favor?

Thank you for your help with clips thus far guys in th V6 thread I made. I still think I might have to stay safe with a single GT takeoff. I found the set right and left for 90 bucks with shipping and will most likely use the right only for now. To put on the single will take 45 minutes tops(says the ford dealer my dads friend knows)

For duals I will only need $30 hangers , a $75 custom X-pipe, a cutout of the bumper that should only be 50 bucks and the 2 GT OEM mufflers that I can get for 90 with shipping.
Depending on your answers and my Freehold dealers answers I will post back what I am going to do mod wise in the other thread

Yours truely,
Paul
Old 08-18-2007, 08:19 PM
nobrakes
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Question about my car dealer and the warranty

UPDATE:
No clue on what ebay is selling I will ask the next auctions seller. My dealer said I can have my car serviced at any ford dealer in the USA and Canada. He said he doesn't know anything about the exhaust and warranty. Another guy at the dealership said it will void it. A manager said it would be fine as long as I cut after the cats. So far its a Yes, No and a Maybe. Maybe this is why ford is losing money? I knew more about my car than the dealer knew about 6's and I went to 6 other dealers in jersey and they were clueless on the questions I had they knew NOTHING about exhaust systems. Well either that or they want to set me up to void my warranty so I get screwed outta one. All I got was a ( You have to call our service managers) Today was saturday so I will have to call at a later time.

My dad looked at 6 dealerships for a spot for the KR sinCe he already has the Ford GT 40 remake he wanted a daily driver since the Ford GT is horrible in the city. 2 of the 6 dealers knew nothing about the KR shows how well they must be doing if Ford doesnt say anything to the dealers about the new Shelby.

I am going to call service tomorrow and ask. I am more than sure I will get a NO YOU CAN'T!!,when I call and ask what mods I can do that still save my warranty if installed by Ford.

One dealer said there was a list on what dealers won the lotto to get the KR promised to them? Can anyone link me to this info my dad and I would greatly appreciate it. My dads friend has his ordered to be ready for May of 08, but this was because of the fact his friend who was the dealer went to the Ford meeting.

Thanks Paul

Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 PM
1991LX5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Question about my car dealer and the warranty

They cant void your warranty unless they can prove that whatever aftermarket part you installed caused the failure. I believe its called the magnusson act. So you really dont have anything to worry about, just from now on if you need anything to do with the exhaust fixed its on you