MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   x pipe on automatic??? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/33667-x-pipe-on-automatic.html)

efeezy 02-06-2005 09:49 PM

x pipe on automatic???

Just a quick question. My buddy ordered me a x pipe from our local part shop and we ordered one for my 97 gt auto. When i went to go pick it up i looked at the box and it said on it standerd trans only. I asked the guy and he said in the book it didnt specify anything about auto and manuel pipes being differant. Does anyone know if it will fit or what? I dont want to pick it up and it doesnt work.

kubball2005 02-07-2005 01:28 AM

RE: x pipe on automatic???

I can't tell you for sure but I'd think it would be ok. Just give Ford Racing a jingle and ask them about an off road h pipe with your auto.

586-468-1356 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time

roundman 02-07-2005 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: efeezy

Just a quick question. My buddy ordered me a x pipe from our local part shop and we ordered one for my 97 gt auto. When i went to go pick it up i looked at the box and it said on it standerd trans only. I asked the guy and he said in the book it didnt specify anything about auto and manuel pipes being differant. Does anyone know if it will fit or what? I dont want to pick it up and it doesnt work.
why don't you believe what the manufacturer says on the box??? I know if I saw it said manual trans only, I would not think it would work with an auto trans. tell the guy to return it for one made for an auto trans or at least have him call the OEM to see if they even make one for an auto trans.

groundpounder 02-08-2005 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: roundman

why don't you believe what the manufacturer says on the box??? I know if I saw it said manual trans only, I would not think it would work with an auto trans. tell the guy to return it for one made for an auto trans or at least have him call the OEM to see if they even make one for an auto trans.
Go with Round on this. It will NOT work. Just get one for an auto and you're good to go

matthockey32 02-08-2005 10:58 PM

ORIGINAL: roundman

don't have him call the OEM. you call the OEM cause people will lie if they think they might lose money. just return it and order one for an auto