General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New 2 forums..new 2 v-8 = Any help/suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 PM
spaz218

Default New 2 forums..new 2 v-8 = Any help/suggestions?

Hey guys I'm new here on the forums...first post.
This might be kind of long....bear with me...
I'm just looking for a few suggestions..Let me explain...
Well when I was about 14, my dad bought a 1982 Mustang for about 1100 bucks.
The whole Idea behind the car was to work on it together... me being 14 at the time, he (my dad) would supply most of the money and I would do the labor. well we didn't have too much money or time to really get anything done.
We stripped and gutted the inside of the car....Refinished all modelings and the dash, new steering wheel, new seats, new carpetand had to replace the light switch. and then....It sat there...in the garage for about 8 years...So now that I'm "grown up" with a ok job and my dad's retired...We decided to get back to it and finish this thing!
So we mounted some new tires on the weld wheels. And took it for a spin....
The car overheated like crazy! Which we kind of already knew about...
The seller of the car told us we needed a High performance water pump.
The car its self is..well...a project car...we don't know to much about it to be honest.
It has a rebuilt 79 302 the car body is a 1982 mustang, C-6 transmission and a few extras straight pipe into flow masters and a few other things...
But for now we ordered a new thermostat and bought some water wetter and the new water pump is on the way.
As it turns out....the 82 mustang use to be a 4 banger.....so I'm not sure if it is the water pump causeing it to overheator if the radiator is still the 4 banger radiator. If the pump doesn't do it...time for a new radiator.
But what I really want to know......is once the cooling issue is fixed. What are some basic "not to expensive"thingswe can do togetmore power out of the engine....To be honest at don't have to much time behind my belt dealing with v-8's.??
I need to take a day and find out what’s already been done to the car...(really dig into it)
But any suggestions would be great!!!
Thank you.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Murdoc
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: New 2 forums..new 2 v-8 = Any help/suggestions?

go big or go home. stroke it and blow it.