General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A Honda beat me!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Whitecomet25
2nd Gear Member

Default A Honda beat me!!

A Honda beat me, not by acceleration, but because of top speed(When you think about it ,that sucked). I was wondering if the 1999 V6 Stang had a limiter installed? If so, is there a way to take it out. Or is it another problem?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:01 AM

Default RE: A Honda beat me!!

You have a limiter, you'd prolly have to reprogram the ecu to take it off... But, that isn't the only problem. You'd still have to deal with wind drag and getting more power out of your engine before you could get your car to a higher speed.

What'd you race anyway? and what'd you top out at?

Old 02-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Green5pt0
1st Gear Member

"friends" of mine with newer v-6's seem to think that turning off the traction control (if equipped) manually putting the car in 1st gear and holding the brake untill you launch makes a big difference in take off, over simply leaving the car in drive and hitting the gas when u want to go... and yes you probably are limited, a performance chip would take care of that as well as change your timing, your shift points on your transmission and even adjusting your A/F ratio for max performance. A chip is a good first mod. but make sure to get one you can send back and have "re-burned" if you plan to make future mods.
-Green5pt0
Old 02-16-2005, 02:52 PM
BlackGT5.0
1st Gear Member

i usually do the same in my 94 except i dont have tcs i stall untill i go then take my foot off the brake run my car manually with the over drive turned off i dont know how much of a diff it makes i cant really tell i just do it bc its somthing to do does anyone know if im wasting my time or if this helps
Old 02-16-2005, 04:42 PM
horseshoeing
3rd Gear Member

That is funny.....Hey everyone, A gocart beat me....It was just funny on how you put it. Those little ricers can fly on top end. I am sure they could beat me too. A 66 is just not a high speed car. Anything past 120-130 is way to fast for me.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:36 AM
Whitecomet25
2nd Gear Member

The thing is that i was on the freeway, he got on my side and started to mess with me. I floored the gas pedal and left him behind. I got to 125 m.p.h and toped out. He got close after a few a while. I got my butt handed to me by a ricer boy.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:51 AM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

Yep, speed limiters suck *****! Mine is set at 120[:@] I know it could do at least 135....damn Ford.[&o]
Old 02-17-2005, 04:19 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

dont feel bad. they just dont want you to beat the police =P or make a big mess with your car. my bro's cavalier is limited to 107... and his friends Z24 cavi is set at the same.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:57 PM
C/Note
I ♥ Acer

you every seen the fast and the fuirtest,,those cars are so fast the bolts come loose.................[sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=happybounce.gif]
Old 02-17-2005, 08:26 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Whitecomet25

A Honda beat me, I sure would not be telling people about it
[sm=laughat.gif]

Quick Reply: A Honda beat me!!