General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mustang is fvcked!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 11:48 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang is fvcked!

flywheel bolts?came loose....pilot bearing? my clutch blew out in pieces on my 98gt it made a loud boom......then it was clang!clang!
Old 02-21-2005, 11:50 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

flywheel bolts?came loose....pilot bearing? my clutch blew out in pieces on my 98gt it made a loud boom......then it was clang!clang!
Would it make that noise if the car was stopped? The clutch feels normal, but I have no f'ing clue.[&o]
Old 02-21-2005, 11:56 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

pilot bearing would.....i only had a shell when i pulled the tranny...input shaft was shaved...is it coming from the bottom right?

checked your oil lately? hope you didn't spun a bearing!!
Old 02-22-2005, 12:07 AM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

pilot bearing would.....i only had a shell when i pulled the tranny...input shaft was shaved...is it coming from the bottom right?

checked your oil lately? hope you didn't spun a bearing!!
Actually funny you should say that. My oil was fvcking almost 3 quarts low![:@] I don't know why....there is no leak and there is not way it burned that much oil in 3k miles.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Wow, bro. Sounds like you messed up youre Stang. Sounds like a backfire, are you leaking gas into the intake manifold? Also check youre oil, make sure there is no coolant in it. I wish i could hear it, it would be much easier.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:21 AM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

Wow, bro. Sounds like you messed up youre Stang. Sounds like a backfire, are you leaking gas into the intake manifold? Also check youre oil, make sure there is no coolant in it. I wish i could hear it, it would be much easier.
I don't think any gas is leaking into the manifold. I just don't get why the oil would be so low when there is no leak. It's not like it's burning it....you woould be able to see it out the tail pipe right? It's had to explain to noise, but it when it died I started it and it was clink clink clink.....just real repetitive. I shut it down and started it up and it went away, but while driving it I could here random cluncking.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:51 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

can you get a clip of the sound...maybe people here would be able to help out more that way...get a video camera with the mic and just start it up and drive it a little....
Old 02-22-2005, 02:35 AM
91LXstanger
3rd Gear Member

Try advancing the timing alittle...maybe its detonation. Even though i think its something to do with flywheel or tranny, sometimes those BIG problems might need simple solutions.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:20 AM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

If I were you I'd put in a day and remove the transmission and check the pilot bearing and also see if you can find an oil leak somewhere. Hopefully it's nothing internal.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Try advancing the timing alittle...maybe its detonation
Just FYI...If that were the case, and I don't think it is. You'd need to retard the timing to avoid detonation.

Quick Reply: Mustang is fvcked!