General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Should I buy this mustang (update with video)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:20 PM
outrunstang

Default Should I buy this mustang (update with video)

This is my first post so if it is in the wrong area please move it. I just found a 91 mustang with a 93 cobra engine in it. Standard 5 speed. The guy is asking $500 bucks. It runs and drives. He cranked it up and all.

However there is a lot more to it then that. This thing look like total crap. Hood is not on. The windshield is craked to all hell. On the inside it is all tore up. No title, No key (starts it with a screw driver) Just trashed out. He said that he has no job and has had this mustang for a long time and was going to fix it up but now just wants to sell it for whatever he can get for it because he just can't afford to fix it up. He said he either wants to part it out or sell it.

I will have pics up in a bit. But for 500 bucks and it runs and drives should I turn that down. Also it has dual out flows or something. No cats, has a cam and headers. 411 rear end.

URL=http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=6846982][/URL]
Thanks, Jason
Old 10-11-2007, 07:24 PM
armystrong
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Should I buy this mustang

If you have the extra money why not, project car!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:29 PM
outrunstang

Thats what I thought. I mean as long as I could get it inspectedand registered I could just put money into it as it comes. Really all I want out of the car is the power. I love horsepower. I drive a truck so don't know a whole lot about this stuff but a 411 rear end that is more for drag right?

He says this is a 93 cobra engine

Old 10-11-2007, 07:48 PM
armystrong
1st Gear Member

Damn that car is for ****, it's an ify one..but i'd maybe try for it if i liked that body style.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:59 PM
outrunstang

Damn that car is for fill in the blank? I mean does it seem worth it for $500? I would have to get a title stuff like that.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:34 AM
corvetteguy
3rd Gear Member

NO
All cars have titles, bills of sales, or registrations.
Good chance the car is stollen.
If you buy it don't ever try to register it
as the VIN may come back stollen and,
at minimum, be taken away.
If you buy it for parts you can probably
offer $300 and he will tahe it.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:54 AM
MustangHeat2007
2nd Gear Member

I'd say no....unless you have the extra money to buy it, take the engine out, and put it in another Fox body. The cons outweigh the pros on this one...There are plenty of 'Stangs running around that are a much better deal than that and w/ titles. For instance, the beautiful '71 Mustang in my sig. was $500...of course, I had to completely restore it, but hey, it had a title and a key to start it up w/!
Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 AM
outrunstang

My father is a retired cop and I kinda know the guy who is selling. It's our neighbor. We ran the car by vin and tag. Both come back to the car and to the owner. This kid is like 29. I guess I shouldn't say kid I am the same age. Anyway these guys have trucks for the most part. There always fixing up stuff etc. I asked him why he was selling and he said he didn't have a job. He had bought this car to fix it up but he does not have the money to fix it up and needs the money for it real bad. He said he was going to part it out. But there really is not much to part out on it from looking at it.

It's got a lot of issues but let me put a new spin on it. I know the looks of the car are bad. But my sole purpose in getting the car would be because it should be fast. (by the way what kinda engine was in there? ) To me it would be like getting in a go cart with no door panels carpet ac heat etc for haulin *** out in the country where I live. Have fun cruising around and wasting my money on gas.

As for the title I am not sure how hard it is to get it but he said all I do is file for a lost title and when he does not respond within 15 days they will issue me a new title for the car. If that is true I am all for it. Also a 433 rear end what kinda torgue would that be. Not sure as I forgot what he said the engine was except that it was from a 93 cobra.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:05 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

That looks like a typical 5.0 EFI Stang V8..

If you are CERTAIN the thing isn't stolen (no title no KEY) and you're interested in a project stang then sure grab it. Buy it "on condtion of getting it titled" meaning the guy has to refund your money if the cars registration goes belly up
Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 AM
outrunstang

So for what I want to do with it and the engine runs good and the trans is good it is worth it? How much is a new ignition? I think he said to get the title it's around 60 bucks. Also he said that is has 2 cycle gas in it cause it ran out of gas and that was all he had to put in it. But it ran. Guess that won't hurt it for that short bit.

Quick Reply: Should I buy this mustang (update with video)