General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 11:52 AM
1997 GT

Default HELP PLEASE

A nueb hear. With just a few questions.All responce is respected and apreacieted. Thinking about putting on a loud mouth cat back system.I wanted to know how loud are they?And my second question is does any body have a vid with sound of this system?third question is will my car pass emissions testing? because I live in a county in ohio that requires that bulls**t test!! And lastly where is the cheepest place to get the system?

thanks in advance
Old 02-27-2005, 02:58 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP PLEASE

Well I've heard some good things about the loudmouth cats so you'll be happy with how it sounds. You didn't mention this, but are you planning on getting a midpipe as well? I don't know what sounds better with the loudmouths but you have a choice between and X and H pipe, and since you live in a place that you have to get inspected you'll have to get a "catted" X or H pipe. These will get you to pass emissions but cost a crapload more. I'd suggest the off road mid pipe (no cats) and just find a small place that does inspections and they'll happily write you off for some $$$$. There's a whole other issue if you plan on getting longtube headers but I don't know how far you want to mod your car. Good luck though!

Forgot to mention this, but go to www.mustangexhaust.com to listen to exhaust combos. You've just gotta register which takes like a min.

Old 02-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Man, after hearing all those on that website...

I'm now even more confused to which one I should go with. I want something that sounds good, but has a super low tone. The Loudmouth's sound awesome, but way too high pitched. Are the 2's any lower?

I dont mind something that just screams when you stand on it, but the majority of the time I'll be cruising around town. Are the Loudmouth 1 or 2's relatively deep sounding below 2k RPM?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

to answer the original question, I believe all cat-back systems are 100% emissions legal, but liked mention above, if replacing the midpipe, you will need cats. I have to plug magnaflow here, they own my soul... I have yet to hear the SLP systems, but I hear that they are incredible. My magnaflows scream at WOT, but are not overbearing or annoying when just cruising.