General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Few questions to a newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Gundam

Default Few questions to a newbie...

Hi,

Buying an '02 mustang, and I've posted on a more local board, but just wanted to expand my quest here a bit.

I have a few questions, and not sure where to post them. I assume this is a suitable forum though.

First, the mustang I'm looking at has some cosmetic issues. It's beautiful, but it was hit (rear-ended) and has a scratch or two on the rear bumper. It did no frame damage, or damage to the bumper itself. Just scratched the paint. It was quoted to be fixed to the current owner for around 900 dollars. He opted to avoid that, as it wasn't an issue to him. Is this a fair rate? I'm sure I'll need pictures to get an accurate online guess, but basically what needs to be done is the bumper has to be sanded and re-painted, completely. Difficult? That expensive?

The car doesn't have the window speakers... The mach ones, by the driver / passenger windows. Is that expensive to install? Not sure what the technical name for them is, or the "mach" version. The sound is great, just want to supplement and mod it as best I can. I assume that's a factory job that would have to be done at one of the Ford dealerships around here.

Lastly, tinting runs around how much? I'm sure it differs from area to area, but a rough estimate? I live in St. Louis, so... Also, what are some good security features to put on a car? It has the cut on the fuel without the key, which I like.

Any input appreciated, thanks!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:12 PM
1991LX5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Few questions to a newbie...

900 is to high for maybe a little filler and paint for a bumper. Just go around and get estimates youll be able to get something alot cheaper. Im not sure about the tweeters in the A pillar, theres a sound section on the forum just ask there and those guys will tell you what to get. I dont know about everywhere else but where i live a good tint job will cost about $175-$200 for all windows minus the windshield
Old 11-01-2007, 10:40 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Few questions to a newbie...

900 screw that, just find someone with an extra bumper and buy theirs they are for sale frequently here, ebay, and other mustang forums.

if theres no tweeters then chances are you dont have the mach system. look in your trunk tucked up at the top is there 2 amps mounted to a big plastic thing? if not no mach. unless they took the tweeters off (alot of ppl do because tweeters are aggrivating sometimes). if you REALLY want them you can just buy some off a junkyarded mustang or ebay or some ppl sell their machs here, and just throw em in yourself its not hard.

tinting, really depends. i got quoted 150 at a place here but i dont know if i trust their work. anything under 200$ for a quality job on all windows (minus the front) is probably fine. most places its in the 150-200 range. if you have to get old tint stripped off that could be extra money tho.