MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   Seat belt light (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/36968-seat-belt-light.html)

mustangman02232 03-04-2005 04:15 PM

Seat belt light

Is it possible to make the seat belt idiot light stop beeping every 30 seconds.

96SilverLT1 03-04-2005 04:22 PM

RE: Seat belt light

ware your seatbelt?

usualy it's a ground switch in the belt latch. if you find the wire and ground it then it "should" put it out. Without a wireing diagram I can't say for sure.

SilverGTV8 03-04-2005 04:34 PM

yews you should always wear your seatbelt, but if you must. Read your owner's manual it is in there. It is quite a procedure to do and may take a couple of tries.

Casper98GT 03-04-2005 11:06 PM

Dont go messing with wires on youre seatbelt... BAD LT1!!! They have airbags tied into the seat belts. So dont do that, wear it if you want. I personally wear it all the time. But i know people like my dad, buckle it and then get in. lol.

Owners manual can make it stop. Or you can bring it into youre local dealership and they can put it out in about 5 seconds.

96SilverLT1 03-05-2005 12:08 AM

it should be just a switch to ground. If you think your going to deploy an airbag from teh seatbelt your sadly mistaken. Get me a diagram and I can prove it to you.

Casper98GT 03-05-2005 12:29 AM

HAHAHAHA... Youre funnah. Yeah. Mustangman, go ahead and do what LT1 is telling you. I'll be checking up from time to time.

dan 03-05-2005 01:49 AM

dude u dont have to mess with anywires i did it.. and YES i do always wear my seatbelt but the reason i did it was because i like to park my car and relax with the seatbelt off and i dont like the annoying thing ringing, its easy but ud have to read the instructions. I always wear my seatbelt when im driving. if u dont have ur instruction manual tell me and ill get mine and copy the procedure. Try this, im pretty sure this is what u do. if it doesn't work ill check my instructions. Ill try to explain this as least confusing as i can :D

1. Turn ignition to ON position (do NOT start engine though)

2. Wait untill the seatbelt light on the dash comes off in about 2 MINUTES (or maybe it comes on..what ever it does its somthing difernt than when u first turned on the car)

3. imidiatly Buckle seatbelt, UNBUCKLE seatbelt, buckle seatbelt, UNBUCKLE seatbelt, buckle seatbelt, UNBUCKLE seatbelt (basically, buckle it and unbuckle it 3 times, seatbelt should now be UNBUCKLED, remember, this must be done somewhat quickly dont just take ur time.

4. turn headlights fully on, turn headlights fully OFF

5. Repeat STEP 3

6. the seatbelt light should now begin flashing

7. Finally Buckle seatbelt, and then UNBUCKLE seatbelt

that should do it, if not then tell me and ill check my manual

roundman 03-05-2005 09:14 PM

Even if you do get the light to go out, I would highly recommend you wear the seatbelt anyway. You can never tell when some other driver will do something that gets you into an accident even if you think you are invincible, you're not!

YinYangStang 03-05-2005 10:43 PM

Understandably you should always wear your seatbelt. I had to disable that alarm though, because on the way to work with my duty gear on, I can't wear a seatbelt and be able to draw a gun if I need to, so for the trip to and from work I'm unbelted. Every other time I'm in any car though...belted up.

IownaMustangNow 03-05-2005 11:39 PM

lol, FRED (F**king rediculous electronic device) got that one from my dad.. whos a mechanic :):):) lol. ummm? maybe disconnect it or sumthing... baseball bats seem to work well with annoying electronic things, but if u want it in one piece im not too sure