General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

03 Mach 1 or 07 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Captain J

Default RE: 03 Mach 1 or 07 GT?

I agree. However now the dealer threw a wrench into everything and tell me a New Mach 1 Special Edition stang will be coming out in a year or so. But I am not going to wait for something that MAY be released in a year or so. I am looking to buy now. Also, it has to be a daily driver. Plus the incentives for a 07 are so tempting right now. The Shelby they have would be a good deal if it was not for the fact I would not view it as a daily driver I could leave in the mall parking lot with out worrying about it.
That is why the F355 sucked so bad. 1. It was hard to drive in traffic. 2. It had crappy seats. 3. You could not leave it alone for any period of time with out some gawker leaning up on it while his/her friend took photos with a camera phone. I am thinking a Shelby would be just as bad. It cost 61k and I would not want to use it every day in the snow or park it nexta soccer moms Hummer or some crap box for fear of a door ding.
Money is also a factor. This is a third car and my wife just dropped 37,500 on a new SUV today. I want to spend under 28k tops for the car and 2k on mods right from the dealer and that is a big limitation. The Mach 1 is only 21k and the 07's are in my price range enough I do not have to finance (If I can 0% I am going to finance by the way).
Old 12-07-2007, 11:51 AM
ponyponer
2nd Gear Member

mach 1. the modern gt's got nothing on them.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:52 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I'd take the Mach all day long, no comparison. I still think overall the new body style looks like *** compared to the SN95s, and I love the 4v engines. I've driven both styles and I cannot stand the new Mustang interiors and the guady mirrors. The new ones just don't seem to flow to me.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Captain J

This is to sum up some other advice I have been getting:

-------------
Having been a Mustang enthusiast since 1991 I must say my choice would be the 07, hands down.

The "older body style" also carries an ancient chassis, the 07's platform is in a whole different class. Stiffer, quieter, stronger, etc.
-----------------
I've driven a 99-04 Fox body Mustang and the 07 GT beats it hands down for ride quality. The Fox chassis has its limitations, and the Mach1's power-train makes up for a lot but IMHO a new GT is going to be a much better buy unless you plan to get a Mach 1 for its resale/collector's value. Then again, there is supposed to be another Mach1 special edition Stang coming out in a year or so.

The 2005-up GT is built on a totally new S197 platform based on Ford's D2C global platform (2-door coupe) that is structurally more rigid and the 07s received reinforcements because of the GT500. The June 2007-up Mustang GTs all have an additional K-member brace that 06-up convertibles previously received. The Fox Fords are well past their time and personally I like the new styling since it reminds me of the late 60s Stangs. The headlamps and fog lamps on the new GTs are also very good.

I would recommend a 08 GT because you can order them with OEM HIDs, and the Job 2 08 GTs are supposed to get a Vista/glassback roof. Then there's the 08 Bullitt (Premium GT with Package 54B).

---------------
They were strengthened, but were not substantially beefed up.

From the underside, or with the interior removed it is difficult to see many changes at all. The SN-95 was a modified fox platform.

The 05 Mustangs got a whole new platform that blows the old one away.
------------------------
Use the A/D/X/Z plan if you can, it saves you some money in the end!

The 79-04 Mustangs are all Fox chassis Stangs. SN-95 is just another fancy way of saying modified/revised Fox chassis. S197/D2C is a completely new platform/chassis. The S197 rides significantly better than stock Fox Mustangs and yes, they're heavier than the Fox Stangs. Heck, the GT500 weighs more than 95-97 Panthers but I don't see anyone complaining.
--------------

Sounds like I want an 08 GT with a shaker hood, CAI, Tune , cat back exhaust, UDs, some beefier tires with some 1/2 hub centric spacers, andand that valve delete thingy. This is all I plan to do with the car. I am hoping for 40 more hp after doing all this or it will not be worth the money IMHO. (I know the ram air and exhaust will give no real improvement in hp but think it is nice to have.) Still looking for any/all comments and opinions. This is really helping me.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:26 AM
svbummin

I hate to say it but go with the GT. If its your daily driver year round,the mach 1doesnt belongon winter roads. I live in wisconsin and minesput away before the salt hits thestreets.Lower production numbers will make the mach 1 worth a bit some day. Or just sayscrew it get the mach 1 and find yourself a winter beater.Its still fun to look at even ifit cant move!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:38 PM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

mach 1 all the way...those are soo abd, the new gt's ar enice, but they are dimea dozen, get a mach, ull never see another..good luck
Old 12-09-2007, 08:00 PM
lyons02gt
1st Gear Member

i have a answer to all this!!!!!!!!!! its really simple go with mach for the horse power right!!!! then slap a 2007 conversion kit on itthen ya got the best of both worlds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:46 PM
musclecargt71
1st Gear Member

I would go with the with the Mach 1, they look sweet. Plus the the 4v sounds better (i think).
Old 12-09-2007, 11:35 PM
03truebluegt
2nd Gear Member

Go with the Mach. Might be trading up for one soon...
Old 12-09-2007, 11:50 PM
light speed
1st Gear Member

the interior in the 07 alone is worth it

Quick Reply: 03 Mach 1 or 07 GT?