General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old 10-20-2015, 10:04 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

Brakes?? Upcoming mods?? what to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 11:34 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

Default Brakes?? Upcoming mods?? what to do

ok well i have just gotten my mustang back on the road because of some issues with the clutch cable...now i have been driving it around for the day and my brakes are really weird...they were like this before mind you...ok well when i push on them they go pretty far down to the floor...but when i pump them they fire up and everything...now i have bleed(SP) one of the brake lines comming from the resivor near the master cylinder and there were no bubbles so i didn't htink it was that...then i tried the other wheel starting with the back left and no bubbles there eather...whats up with this thing...could it just be that my master cylinder is going bad or what..is there something i am missing...now i have done brake work...heres what...from under the passenger back i have replaced the brake lines, wheel cylinders and pads and hardware...not the drums though...also i have replaced the front left brake line for the front left wheel...now is there something that could be casing this because its really annouying...now i have a 1993 ford mustang...also...does anyone know how much having some auto place to do body work would cost...on a really really really rusted mustang...i mean i'm going to replace the front fenders but behind the wheel wells on the rear are really messed up and before the wheel wells and thats about all the holes...but i need my car to be sanded completely...also is it easier to just fix it myself...i mean its so rusted that it would just be easy because the holes are so big its a big peice of sheet metal thats going to cover it..also i have 500 or more dollars coming my way and i was thinking...i want to start on the convertion for my mustang..i'm going to do a turbo coupe swap...now i wanted to start after the body on the suspension, drivetrain, transmission, then engine...i mean i wouldn't mind buying an engine on the side to work on while i'm doing this because i plan on taking the whole engine apart to rebuild it stronger and faster...thanks for all your help