General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Hi. I'm Robert. I have a question that I couldn't

Old 01-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Mr Natural

Default Hi. I'm Robert. I have a question that I couldn't

find with the search feature. Sorry bout that, as I'm sure it's been asked.

Anyways, though I've had67 to 70 Mustangs, I've never had a 66 till (relatively) recently, and I'm not familiar with these cars.

First, my passenger side door latch quit catching. So, I removed the door panel, and there's a lot more stuff to work around than on the 69 whose latch I had to replace.

Do I have to take off that inner door panel? It looks I could fish the latch out from around the window track and all, but it would be a pain in the rear.

Crazy thing is, I loosened the door latch, Took all 3 screw out, couldn't get it out easily, so I sprayed the heck out of the entire mechanism insided the door, and outside. Went back a day later, and thelatch would work if you pushed into it with a screwdriver, or otherwise wedged it in, but wouldn't catch when you closed it.

Obviously, I'm not much of a mechanic. My brother in law always helped me along. Well, truth be known, I actually helped him. He loved working on these old cars. Sadly, he passed away.

Anyways- how hard is it going to be fishing that latch out of the door panel without taking that inside panel all all the window and door stuff loose?

By way of introduction- I'm from Alabama, live in Carrollton, Ga, am 51 and build houses (market blows right now), and have owned a 67 GT, a 69 Mach 1, and a 70 FB, but never a 65 or 66.

Thanks for any help. Looks like a nice forum you guys have.

I'll see if I can get a picture of that 66 to post up............

Old 01-24-2008, 03:34 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hi. I'm Robert. I have a question that I couldn't

Hey, welcome to Mustang Forums.

I'm not familiar with those early stangs either, but perhaps ask your question(s) in the classic Stang section you might get good response there

https://mustangforums.com/forumid_18/tt.htm

Old 01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Mr Natural

Default RE: Hi. I'm Robert. I have a question that I couldn't

all right. I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion.