MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   cd player panel (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/41740-cd-player-panel.html)

ryan1994mustang 04-07-2005 12:41 AM

cd player panel

does anyone know where i could find the little panel that goes in the 94-98(i think) mustangs where the cd player goes if it didnt have the mach system. When i got my car t had the stock mach system with the am/fm/cassette player on the top and then another whole unit that was just the cd player below it. i got an aftermarket head unit and the cd player is just sitting there useless now. I was wondering where i could find the little panel that goes there when the car doesnt have a cd player in it from the factory. i am thinking of hooing up satellite radio and that is prob where i will put the controller for it. thanks for any help you can give me.
ryan

ryan1994mustang 04-07-2005 12:51 AM

RE: cd player panel

here is a pic of what i am talking about. i know my description was kinda hard to understand. that is probably why i cant find it, i cant figure out what it is called that im looking for.

gt96stang 04-07-2005 01:00 AM

Circut City has something to put in the place of the cd player when u take it out. It is like just a holder for things but looks much better than having the stock cd player still there. I have a 96 and changed out the system and that is what they put in for me.

ryan1994mustang 04-07-2005 01:21 AM

thanks alot. im surprised that they didnt give me one bc they installed my whole system. oh well. maybe i can find it easily.

GIGM08GT 04-07-2005 02:10 AM

nice I have the exact same setup, Sony and all, how much do you think I would get for just the stock CD player?

IownaMustangNow 04-07-2005 02:26 AM

try a ford dealership.. they are good with finding all the accesories for your car.

ryan1994mustang 04-07-2005 09:56 AM

im not sure how much you could get for the stock cd player. id imagine that it would only be about $35 or so. not much. the cd started getting stuck in mine so that is why i had to change.

Gaspi101 04-07-2005 05:17 PM

Hey--what did you do with the CD player? Willing to sell it? If so, how much? Thanks!

ryan1994mustang 04-07-2005 11:56 PM

it is still in my car. the last that i can remember, it played cd's fine, but sometimes the cd would have problems ejecting. what year is your car?? bc if it has the little stock panel or pocket there where the cd player goes then i will prob just trade you out for that plus the shipping. i have no use for it and i prob cant get much money for it anyways.

Gaspi101 04-08-2005 12:50 AM

Not sure what you mean by the "stock pocket" or where the player goes in...It's all one piece on the dash mounts--not sure I can take that off. I have a 96 GT vert with Mach 460 sound system, and the CD player won't play. I'd love to trade with you, but I'm not sure what it is exactly that you want. If it's the dash mounting unit, then I can't give that, as it would expose the wires. I can trade you CD players if you want? :-)) Let me know what I can give you. Thanks.