General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

putting in lambo doors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:10 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: putting in lambo doors?

Hello...1999 called, they want thier lame *** fad back.
The "hate" you see for Lambo doors is because they don't belong on Stangs
Old 03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
onesickstang01
2nd Gear Member

dont let the guys on here change your mind on the stang just cuz they dont like how they look. honestly though man send them back. i had a honda once with lambo doors and they ****in sucked ***. universal hinges are **** and its not just that they dont belong on stangs its just that you dont want them on there. the doors are to long and wouldnt want to line up right or even lift up easily for that matter. its just not worth it. it looks cool but its a pain in the *** and i wouldnt bother with it
Old 03-12-2008, 06:13 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

there will probably be fitment issues with that kit.

btw....they are called lambo doors for a reason.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:28 PM
MooseStang88
2nd Gear Member

Hey its your Mustang and if you want to do it, then do it. I am just not sure how well those will work. I would also wonder why you didnt get any directions on the kit itself?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:41 PM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

I don't think the glass can support the weight of the door anyway...
Old 03-12-2008, 09:02 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ScottXL

glass?? you must be thinking about gullwing doors. but i havent heard of many people that actually got a universal lambo door kit to fit correctly. i say put them back on ebay and leave your doors how they are.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Mjaga251
2nd Gear Member

It's your car, you can do what you want. Since it's a universal kit, it is probably going to need a lot of fabbing. Also, like someone else said, it's going to be really tough because of how long and heavy the doors are. I have seen one car on this forum that had lambo doors, and I think it was yellow, but that was back in the fall. I suggest searching for it, maybe he has your answers.

However, IMHO, don't do it. The truck, I'm sure, looks alright with them. But, you will definitely be compared to a ricer with these doors. I think you will get laughed at more than praised.

Once again though, it's your car, and to each his own. BUT, if you do plan to do it, try finding another kit that someone has actually made for the Mustang (probably rare, but it's got to be out there). Sell the universal kit, and buy the other one. You don't want to/have someone screw up and end up having to replace stock parts, did that make sense?

Hope that helps.

Good luck.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:24 AM
trickywicky08

Ive installed about 10 sets of lambos and 3 on mustangs all diff years. Your car is a PAIN and i cant express how much i mean PAIN in the butt to do. Your doors are extremely heavy so youve got to have a heavy duty hinge on there. First set your year model we never could get to fit straight. It was a universal kit and the hinge itself kept bending. We adjusted and adjusted the **** outta that thing and a week later he would come back in with it. Weld up kits that costs some moolah worked the best. That kit has no pre drilled holes so your gonna be screwed if u mess up in the least bit unless your really good at welding Make it easy and find some diff colored wires for the wire extensions. Good luck with everything and I bet most the guys dissing your idea dropped their jaws when people started doing lambo doors a cpl years back. Honestly would put that back up for sale and go buy from a reputable company with good background.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:31 AM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ryan1994mustang

ORIGINAL: ScottXL

glass?? you must be thinking about gullwing doors. but i havent heard of many people that actually got a universal lambo door kit to fit correctly. i say put them back on ebay and leave your doors how they are.

lmao, oh yeah. My B. I always get those confused.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:04 AM
tfyzorg2
2nd Gear Member

guys hes asking for help not for your opinion

Quick Reply: putting in lambo doors?