General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trying to get my mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:21 PM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Trying to get my mustang

ORIGINAL: smttyxc92

OK so now im up to this everyone my dad agreed that i could have a 96, 97,98 GT
but then again i still have the possibility of the bimmer which from what inpisposible told me and from what ive heard around especcially from my dads is that a bimmer is more reliable. My brother has a bimmer but what i see is that it takes a while to tune up his looks the parts arent so cheap after all. So can you guys give me opinions on the e36 328 or the 98 gt. I would very much appreciate your help and the help you have given me so far. So can you compare the two? In looks, costs, quality and how it drives?
Thanks
[align=left][/align]

PERSONALLY, only b/c of how bias i am, id take the 98' GT, but idk that much about any bimmer, except BMW is an expensive brand, so again saying 98' GT

i also will pick anything american before anything else so...im bias sorry
Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-27-2008, 08:49 PM
justakid
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangManiac67

ok, uhh to the "justakid", idk how old you are, but im only 17 and i can tell right now that its not a situation where you were "just fine", you got lucky is what it is, especially with an attitude like that

look to the OP, im sure you get it already, but this is mostly for "justakid" we are not telling you to fear the V8, or the road, etc. BUT we are telling you to respect it, and you cant learn to respect it in a car that does 0-60 in 5 seconds.

like i said im only 17, but my parents have both owned their own 04 and 07 GTs and ive had to learn to drive since i was 14 in those cars, well 15, when i was 14 i was in my dads focus, but anyways, ive been driving mustang GTs for acouple years now and i cant say im good enough yet to really DRIVE a V8, sure i can get around without any worries, but i couldnt take it to road cousre and really put it through the paces.

in the end, which if youre smart, learn the respect of a car and the road before you even think about a V8 period let alone a mustang GT or any other fast car.
I can sit here and preach my driving conditions with you but that wouldn't get us anywhere. I understand COMPLETELY that I cannot control these cars if I redlined the **** out of them and whipped around corners but I also know that if you respect your car, especially if you worked and bought it yourself, you're most likely not going to be doing any of that. Most of the kids around here don't fly around corners or see how quick they could hit 100, it's just not like that. Respect your car and it will respect you.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 PM
MustangManiac67
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: justakid

I can sit here and preach my driving conditions with you but that wouldn't get us anywhere. I understand COMPLETELY that I cannot control these cars if I redlined the **** out of them and whipped around corners but I also know that if you respect your car, especially if you worked and bought it yourself, you're most likely not going to be doing any of that. Most of the kids around here don't fly around corners or see how quick they could hit 100, it's just not like that. Respect your car and it will respect you.

nowTHAT sounded much more respectable and i do agree with you.