General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What I have and what I want

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 06:35 PM
mstang

Default What I have and what I want

New here but I'll try my luck. This is what I have now. 1. 94 v6 with a reman. engine that blows oil straight thru. Orginal v6 blew the head gasket and Ford replaced the engine. 2. Have dual exhaust and a cold air Indu. 3. Put a 8.8 rear end in last year. This is a auto. tran.

I've looked at some of the older threads of 5.0 but I'll lay this out and see what people think. A. Bought a 95-- 5.0 because I thought it would go in with less trouble. Brain box and wiring harness also. I know it has ten less hp than the 92 and is heavier. Just looking for a decent street car, not a racer. B. What I plan on doing. Pull the heads and pp the orginal heads ='s gasket match. Add full length headers. Put in either a 3.55 or 3.73 set of gears. Put in a heavy duty oil pump with heavier shaft. Pobably will change to a higher flow intake manifold, 70mm throttle etc. and put back the cold air Induc. as well. So what am I missing, are there any specific recommendations such as a type of product to use that make good sense.
I live mid way between Montgomery Al. and Columbus Ga. Don't know any good Mustang people in the area off the top. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 PM
fordguy17
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What I have and what I want

get 4.10 gears. you have an auto and the car is heavier. they will pull much better

don't get a high flow oil pump. they can sometimes suck the stock pan dry at higher rpm's.

depending on how many miles are on the heads, i would rebuild them with bigger valves and better valve springs. port and polish is a good idea as the stock heads don't flow too good.

get an intake manifold that produces power in the 2000-6000 rpm range.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:13 AM
mstang

Default RE: What I have and what I want

Thanks, appreciate the info.