General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

New here, air bag question for you

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:29 PM
vivalamama

Default New here, air bag question for you

Hey all, I'm new here and I need to pick your brains on something. I've got a 98' Mustang, and I got my poor baby in a little fender bender and the airbags went off. I'm fixing her back up now and I need to put in some new airbags, but I have a few questions about it I'm hoping you can help me with. First, I can't afford dealership prices, they're just out of their minds. So I was hoping I could pick some up online or at a salvage yard...but, I have no idea of how to know if its a good deal, what's a good site to buy from, if they're safe to use, and I have absolutely no clue on how to install them. Do any of you guys know how to install them? Or any tips of what to look out for when not buying it straight from a dealer? Any good sites you know of to get them. I appreciate your help, and thanks in advance!

~Viva~
Old 04-26-2008, 10:58 PM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New here, air bag question for you

So you want to replace them, right? I think Ive seen them on Ebay, and I think some other sites may sell them. But there are airbag deletes that cover them as the bags do, but they have nothing behind them, and are less than half the price.

As for installation, I believe theres a harness plug that they just plug...? Pull the old ones out and take a look
Old 04-27-2008, 03:14 PM
20Mustang00
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New here, air bag question for you

be carefull when buying them salvaged because they may not work... since you don't no how to install them i woudl take it to a professional... just so you dont' get your hand blown off or anything.. If you don't put any in you won't be as safe.. plus your little airbag light will stay on.. which would annoy the crap out of me..