MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   How many of you have daily drivers with no cats? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/462676-how-many-of-you-have-daily-drivers-with-no-cats.html)

acascianelli 07-11-2008 09:45 AM

How many of you have daily drivers with no cats?

I just installed an O/R X-pipe and I'm beginning to have some second thoughts. It sounds good and all, but the fumes it's giving off seems a bit overwhelming. I'm just curious to see how many people tolerate this everyday and whether it's just me being a baby.

92stangerang 07-11-2008 10:31 AM

RE: How many of you have daily drivers with no cats?

i hadem on my 04 w/slps and on my 92 w/flowmasters i have now. i never really smelled fumes in the 04. the 92 is kinda bad though.

945LSTANG 07-11-2008 12:05 PM

the fumes really arent that bad. it just smells like a big boat.

ive driven my car so much that i have gotten used to the smell.

acascianelli 07-11-2008 12:25 PM

It seems unusually powerful, seems like it's on par with full on drag cars. Could it be that my tune is running rich?

gofastbobby 07-11-2008 02:53 PM

the fumes are noticeable in my car, but not while driving. when i am sitting at a traffic light and the wind is just right i will smell it.

acascianelli 07-11-2008 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: gofastbobby

the fumes are noticeable in my car, but not while driving. when i am sitting at a traffic light and the wind is just right i will smell it.
That's exactly how it is with mine too.

weasel1088 07-11-2008 03:01 PM

I drove without cats on my GT and now my Bullitt and i got used to the smell. I loved it while i could smell it though!

BennyBlown2v 07-11-2008 05:00 PM

I daily drove my car for three years with o/r pipe. Didn't really bother me...but I do have a pretty quiet catback...and it was pretty annoying when I had the borla stingers on there before haha.

crusin92red5.0 07-12-2008 02:01 AM

i haven't driven my car daily for almost a year, but drove it four years before that. anyways. i didn't smell a thing and its a convertible. the only way i smelt (?) anything was standing directly behind my car for a min or to. on the other hand my buddy has a 94 and i can't bare to be in his car. really rich

tbiker99 07-12-2008 07:12 AM

04 w/no cats driven daily. I don't notice a smell inside the car, and it is a convertible. Sometimes I will notice the fumes if I walk behind it when it first fires up.

tom