General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Dreams Have Been Shattered, help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:21 AM
black_bullet6

Default RE: My Dreams Have Been Shattered, help please

ll no i meant 5000. as ffar as the year it id definatley be lookin at an 05. i love the new body style. im still on the fence about the bike. im in seattle area. so the weather is a factor at times. as for the loan itll be about 15....but my dad may co-sign with me, whenever i talk to him each time he seems a lil more on board with it. i really appreciate all the advice. keep it coming it helps a lot!!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:45 AM
bigDFord

What you should try to do is have your dad take out the load and you be the co-signer. That way you use his credit to get the load and possibly get a lower rate. When i bought my first car, i had my mom take out the loan and i made the payments. I got a great rate for a used car.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:38 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

+1 about getting some insurance quotes BEFORE buying the (any) car
Old 07-22-2008, 10:36 AM
sik.kid

don't rush a good thing, go private go cheap.
I picked up an 89 lx 5.0 for $150 and less than $1500 on the road.
a little bit of elbow grease goes a long way and you'll have more to be proud of.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Yellowraregt

I work at a dealer..... Just make sure to read all the fine print. Do your research!! If you are going to have your dad sign, do the finanacing on your own at a bank!! Sometimes dealers will bump the rate 1%!! Try and go to a credit if possible. They will have the lowest rate! Call on insurance...if your young (under 25) and still live at home, here in Michigan your insurance would be about $2000/yr!!!! Let us know how it comes out! Maybe get rid of the bike and buy a beater to carry minimum coverage......
Old 07-23-2008, 04:17 PM
black_bullet6

im probably gonna sell the bike, looking to get about 5 for it. selling my truck for abouta grand. slowly considering buying something for 5500 to get arounf in adn save more money. thanks for all the help though guys ill let you all know how it goes
Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Toecutter

I just traded in 6 months ago for a 07 gt....since I've already had two other mustangs financed, I got a good rate cause of my good payment history....but the more expensive the car, the more the bank will insist on a cosigner...and if you get your mom or dad to cosign..then you can get on their insurance and save a hell of a lot...but on your own insurance, with no co-signer...it might hit your wallet pretty hard...I was considering a used corvette at first and Allstate was gonna rape me on insurance...they quoted me $700 a month for a corvette, soI stuck with the stang and I switched to Geico and got a $150 a month rate on the GT and it would be that same price for the corvette, and I'm only 28 and unmarried....so you might wanna get cosigned or just keep saving....
Old 08-07-2008, 04:47 PM
jim135666
1st Gear Member

Ok here, It sounds like the problem maybe your job. You only had it for 3months and you want to pull out a big loan. Thats a liability on their part. What makes them think you wont be fired tomorrow for being 5 minutes late. Secondly, your bike and a mustang on insurance will be so high. Its almost fall and in general mustangs arent winter cars unless you have no other so why dont you wait awhile longer. If your going through a dealer then the car will always be there. And you better believe it when people say, wait wait... a better deal will come, because one always does. Best course of action would be to sell your bike and buy a beater under 2k and use that and continue saving with your current job untul winter. I would assume its easier to talk a dealer into lowering its price in winter and getting a better deal, dealers and private sales do consider seasons when they sell. Also if you have a beater it will lower your insurance a bit. Too wrap it all up.... Hold your job for 3 more months and sell your bike asap before its impossible until next yr and then buy a beater *up to you* and then just buy the car in winter. Should have like 8k cash.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:03 AM
runrunrun

Be smart dude.

Like people before have said buy a 4 cylinder for less than 5k. You said your credit score is a bit on the low side and is it low because of your lack of financial activity or because of poor judgement? Save your money. The mustang will always be there along with the dealerships that sell them. Pretty soon Ford is going to have to deal with Chevy and their camaro. Prices are going down to beat the camaro. Besides from whati hear the Camaro will have a better engine.

Take a deep breath and forget about the car for now. Don't drag your dad into a possible financial mess. From What I've read, soundslikeyour bitting more than you can chew. Here's more reasons why YOU SHOULD NOT BUY A NEW CAR:

1. You're broke. 5k will cover dealer fees, tax and license and maybe knock 1k off principal.
2. You'll end up paying through the nose in interest fees.
3. If you need a co-signer for a car that's a sign you can't afford a car or too irresponsible to buy a ford. Dude, it'sford financing not BMW.
4. Why drag your dad into something he dosen't want to do? How many times have you spoken to him about cosigning and how many times has he told you he'll think about it.

5 and most important one. "After much deliberation i chose the best car of all. the mustang gt " You must have been kidding. People don't buy the mustang or ford because it's a leader in it's market. they buy it because it's the nicest looking, cheapest sports car out there. You also said GT. You must be out of your mind. You'll be burninga coupledollars everytime you race from red light to red light. FORD is bad quality, ****ty american built nonsense.

Try using your head dude. People here bought their stangs because:

1. They can afford them. mods add up to serious cash.
2. They have a special connection to the Mustang Pedigree. Ford has been notorious for delivering and selling cheap cars.
3. These people have been around the block and know the commitment and sacrifice one under take to build good credit.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: runrunrun

Be smart dude.

Like people before have said buy a 4 cylinder for less than 5k. You said your credit score is a bit on the low side and is it low because of your lack of financial activity or because of poor judgement? Save your money. The mustang will always be there along with the dealerships that sell them. Pretty soon Ford is going to have to deal with Chevy and their camaro. Prices are going down to beat the camaro. Besides from whati hear the Camaro will have a better engine.

Take a deep breath and forget about the car for now. Don't drag your dad into a possible financial mess. From What I've read, soundslikeyour bitting more than you can chew. Here's more reasons why YOU SHOULD NOT BUY A NEW CAR:

1. You're broke. 5k will cover dealer fees, tax and license and maybe knock 1k off principal.
2. You'll end up paying through the nose in interest fees.
3. If you need a co-signer for a car that's a sign you can't afford a car or too irresponsible to buy a ford. Dude, it'sford financing not BMW.
4. Why drag your dad into something he dosen't want to do? How many times have you spoken to him about cosigning and how many times has he told you he'll think about it.

5 and most important one. "After much deliberation i chose the best car of all. the mustang gt " You must have been kidding. People don't buy the mustang or ford because it's a leader in it's market. they buy it because it's the nicest looking, cheapest sports car out there. You also said GT. You must be out of your mind. You'll be burninga coupledollars everytime you race from red light to red light. FORD is bad quality, ****ty american built nonsense.

Try using your head dude. People here bought their stangs because:

1. They can afford them. mods add up to serious cash.
2. They have a special connection to the Mustang Pedigree. Ford has been notorious for delivering and selling cheap cars.
3. These people have been around the block and know the commitment and sacrifice one under take to build good credit.
wtf?!

that is not really the case anymore.

you sound just like my friend that is a die-hard import fan. [>:]

Quick Reply: My Dreams Have Been Shattered, help please