General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Parting out 96 mustang v6 5spd.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 01:57 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Exclamation Parting out 96 mustang v6 5spd.

Well 2 nights ago my wife got rearended (Ill post pics later). The car is totalled. But Im going to be pulling some parts off of it.
Engine, trans, steering column, dash, (both of the airbags are still good) the console, the mach 460 stereo (radio, speakers and all), the r. door, and probably most of the interior.

And other stuff as I go along, any one need any parts? Ill give great deals.

let me know,
-P.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:30 PM
ExtrmZ
4th Gear Member

would the seats fit in a fox? or would someone have to get different tracks for it?
Old 10-31-2008, 03:32 PM
RonnieD
1st Gear Member

do the 96's use a t5 also? to fit my 00?

edit.. helped if i read the rest of it.

how much are you willing to let go of the trans?

Last edited by RonnieD; 10-31-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:16 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ExtrmZ
would the seats fit in a fox? or would someone have to get different tracks for it?
Im not sure if theyll fit, Im assuming that they would since the sn-95 is based on the fox.
But Id pull the whole seats tracks and all, and worst case scenario you might have to take the tracks off of your seats and put em on these. Ill have to see if theyre power or not.
-P.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:19 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RonnieD
do the 96's use a t5 also? to fit my 00?

edit.. helped if i read the rest of it.

how much are you willing to let go of the trans?
Id let the trans go for $250. I still have to check it to make sure its good, the car did get hit hard from the back, it moved the left rear wheel. Ill start tearing in to it tommorrow, Im gonna pull the engine/trans first.
-P.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:49 PM
95redv6stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ExtrmZ

The seats will fit, If i'm not mistaken you will just need the old tracks from the SN95. It could be the other way around but I am sure they will fit.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:03 PM
ExtrmZ
4th Gear Member

can you post some pics of the seats?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:31 PM
unlisted
1st Gear Member

If the above poster does not want the seats, I may just want them.. what colour and material are they?

Also, could I place a possible order for the following: front bumper cover, fog lights, headlights/side markers, mustang symbol and maybe the speakers if no one else has interest? (could you take some photos of the speakers- the door/rear ones ideally- if they are different from mine, I may be interested- but I can use the mirror tweeters)

And finally, whats your location? If the price is right, I may just make a little trip to your location.. I need a reason for a vacation right about now...

Last edited by unlisted; 10-31-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: more requests
Old 11-01-2008, 05:40 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by unlisted
If the above poster does not want the seats, I may just want them.. what colour and material are they?

Also, could I place a possible order for the following: front bumper cover, fog lights, headlights/side markers, mustang symbol and maybe the speakers if no one else has interest? (could you take some photos of the speakers- the door/rear ones ideally- if they are different from mine, I may be interested- but I can use the mirror tweeters)

And finally, whats your location? If the price is right, I may just make a little trip to your location.. I need a reason for a vacation right about now...
The seats are grey cloth. Ill get pics up tommorrow (busy day today), The front bumper cover has a scuff on the right front you can have it for $10, there were no foglights, Ill have to check to make sure the r.f. headlight is good the left is ok its a little hazed over though nothing a little buffing wouldnt take care of, as for the speakers and such, this is a mach 460 system in it, ill probably sell the whole system as a unit - radio, amplifier, all teh speakers and probably the whole wire harness as well.

The wheels (v6 tribar) and tires are also in good shape, it has Michelin hydro-edges on it with probably about 60-70% tread left, if anyone is interested. Also both the door mirrors are ok (power).
-P.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Also, the brakes on this thing are brand new, I literally just did them. I used OE Ford pads and Truestar rotor, i believe theyre American made. And if Im not mistaken these should fit a GT also.
-P.

Quick Reply: Parting out 96 mustang v6 5spd.