General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

5.0 not getting fuel.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:05 PM
rthouck
2nd Gear Member

OK new development -

I didnt put the new TFI in yet but i did put a new EEC power relay in. Now when I plug in my OBD I (cheapo) scanner it makes the fuel pump relay click constantly and run the high pressure pump constantly. It doesnt send any codes either it just constantly blinks. I'll put the TFI in and see what happens.

Also it runs at over 40 psi.

Oh and still no pulse at the injectors.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:06 PM
rthouck
2nd Gear Member

Oh and yes I have spark.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
FORD TOUGH
4th Gear Member

So your pumps are running now but no injector pulse?
Old 01-12-2009, 04:04 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

ok theres not much to controll your injectors, its either going to be a ground problem or internal pcm ground problem, pin 58 on the pcm or the tan-org wires on bank one injectors should pulse with them plugged in engine cranking over, pin 59 on pcm or tan-red wires on bank 2 should pulse, with injectors plugged in engine cranking, if not check pcm ground etc.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 PM
rthouck
2nd Gear Member

I checked the EEC ground and its good. (its on the drivers side fender very near the EEC). I've heard before it has two ground. Anyone know where the other might be? I've also put two EEC's in it. (other was from a junkyard but sold to me as working... and its a reputable shop)

Also, I broke the distributor while pulling it. I've got another coming but until then my other testing is stopped.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:56 PM
rthouck
2nd Gear Member

Ok, so I put the new distributor in and nothing....

It used to start with a spray of starting fluid now it wont. I checked to make sure and there is still spark.

I have come the the conclusion that i should just set it on fire......
Old 01-16-2009, 01:44 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Why did you drop in a new dizzy if you had spark already and you have a fuel issue?
Old 01-18-2009, 05:51 PM
rthouck
2nd Gear Member

I put a new dizzy in cause when I was trying to replace the TFI module on my dizzy I broke it.... (it was froze in after 20 years). So I got a new one, supposedly with a good TFI on it.

Oh it was from an 85 lincoln 5.0 auto.... anyone know if there is a reason it wouldnt work on an 1988 F250 5.0 manual? looks identical and I've been told it should.

At this point I'm thinking of going with a carb conversion. Found a carb and intake for $65.00 w/ shipping (just need a new dizzy {HEI one} and a throttle cable) after that.

If anyone has those parts including the carb/intake let me know if you wanna get rid of them.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:55 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

You do not need a HEI, they are chevy, just a normal vac advance dizzy is what you need. You will have to do something about the fuel pump too. Either get a low pressure electric or just use a mechanical one and modify the pickup in the tank.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
rthouck
2nd Gear Member

They make Ford HEI dizzy's and that resolves the problem of having to us an MSD box which is more expensive. Since this isnt for my mustang just a beater truck i dont really care about performance. I just want the F-ing thing to run!

I really wish I could resolve the problem with the EFI but oh well.

Anyone have a dizzy they dont need?

Quick Reply: 5.0 not getting fuel.....