Notices
General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

OnDemand 5 - Repair help for you.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:28 PM
  #11  
Juno
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Juno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by yeewiz View Post
Juno, this is a great resource! Do you have anything on resetting a factory remote. The remote doesn't open or close the door locks of my 98 V6 'stang. Inside door lock buttons work fine so it's the remote. New batteries were installed. Factory remote hasn't been used in a long time and now being tried again. Owner's Guide says nothing about resetting. Thanks!
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7151/juno1em5.jpg
Let me know if that worked :]
Juno is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 AM
  #12  
yeewiz
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 43
Default

dang, Juno, that is great! I'm new to Mustangs, so forgive, but would you also have a diagram of the left rear quarter panel so I know where and what this programming connector looks like? it's dark now, so I'll tackle this in the light tomorrow. thanks again!
yeewiz is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:13 AM
  #13  
StangRehab
1st Gear Member
 
StangRehab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 134
Default

What application is this and where did you get it? Sounds like a safe buy!
StangRehab is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 AM
  #14  
Juno
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Juno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by yeewiz View Post
dang, Juno, that is great! I'm new to Mustangs, so forgive, but would you also have a diagram of the left rear quarter panel so I know where and what this programming connector looks like? it's dark now, so I'll tackle this in the light tomorrow. thanks again!
Its no picture, but i think that you need to access by a trunk, take out the carpet (on the left side), and somewhere on the frame should be like little small box with few wires .

Originally Posted by StangRehab View Post
What application is this and where did you get it? Sounds like a safe buy!
Its Mitchell1 OnDemand5
And you don't wanna know how i get it =]
Its 60 Gigs database, 10 DVD's
Juno is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 12:58 AM
  #15  
StangRehab
1st Gear Member
 
StangRehab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 134
Default

wow... i just looked that up. that price is ridiculous. you are a saint for just giving away that info!
StangRehab is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 01:13 AM
  #16  
yeewiz
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 43
Default

Juno, thank you again! I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know. I will also nominate you for sainthood.
yeewiz is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
  #17  
yeewiz
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 43
Default

hey Juno, I got into the left rear quarter panel and as I feared, it's not real obvious. Here's a picture, can you point out the programming connector? or should I post a new topic? Thanks

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/...87039c32_o.jpg

Last edited by yeewiz; 02-03-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: html code didn't display picture
yeewiz is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 PM
  #18  
yeewiz
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 43
Default

STAND DOWN, PLEASE IGNORE PRIOR CRY FOR HELP. Juno, I actually used and was successful with search and found this post which had diagram. For others learning search, enter "programming connector". Here's the post:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0-...ess-entry.html

Did the re-programming and my remote now works. Again, Juno, thanks for a great service to the Mustang community and helping me out!

For those looking at the picture, the connector is that wire with the connector lying on the floor in the middle of the picture.

Last edited by yeewiz; 02-03-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: adding comment re location in picture
yeewiz is offline  
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 PM
  #19  
Juno
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Juno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by yeewiz View Post
STAND DOWN, PLEASE IGNORE PRIOR CRY FOR HELP. Juno, I actually used and was successful with search and found this post which had diagram. For others learning search, enter "programming connector". Here's the post:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0-...ess-entry.html

Did the re-programming and my remote now works. Again, Juno, thanks for a great service to the Mustang community and helping me out!

For those looking at the picture, the connector is that wire with the connector lying on the floor in the middle of the picture.
Great, im happy that it helped
Juno is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 08:42 PM
  #20  
95 madness
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 84
Default

ok I have a question I have a 95 gt 5.0 HO and I am looking to put a 94 to 97 5.8w roller motor in it can I use everything off my 5.0( intake set up, all front accessories and use the same oil pan and mounts just have to replace oil pump off the 5.8 to the 5.0 set up)
95 madness is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OnDemand 5 - Repair help for you.


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.