General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

69 Restoration HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 11:57 PM
69StangCpe

Default 69 Restoration HELP!

I've got a 69 coupe that i am in the process of rebuilding. The most current problem i am having is i cannot get the front wheels straight. The top of the tires are leaning in about 2-3 inches past center. I have replaced the coil springs three times and also ordered the springs from 3 different contacts. The reason i suspect the coil springs is because the upper control arms arm within millimeters of hitting the frame just below the upper arm. I can placea jack under the front hub assembly thinking it would just raise the arm - the whole car was rising with the jack- thus making me think that the springs are too heavy? Any suggestions? What is typical clearance of the control arm to the frame? I have also replaced, with new parts, the entire front end suspension and steering parts. I have tried adjusting the the lower control arm thinking it would pull the bottom of the tire in, and it just enough enough...</P>

</P>

Please Help!!!</P>
Old 11-05-2003, 01:28 AM
jeep45238
I ♥ Acer

Is this with the tires in mid-air or on the ground? On the ground, I'd be pretty concerned, in the air I wouldn't pass judgement untill I put a load on them.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:03 PM
69StangCpe

Its with the tires on the ground and in the air -it doesnt matter, they dont move when releasing the weight of the car.