General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2001 Ford Mustang Roush vs 2007 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 03:08 PM
tbrooks

Originally Posted by BlueMagic
07 will be more reliable plus... if your in multiple season conditions (ie: snow) the auto will get around better plus non convert won't have any elect problems with the top. Then how good of condition is the Roush in? Has it been raced before?... that makes a difference as well. Trust me if you think you'll get more ladies w/ the roush you won't. Most women won't really care between the small difference of the two. Unless there really into cars. Though for guys it's a BIG difference . Girls just want a good guy and a nice car. Which they both are.
I don't live anywhere where theres snow so that won't be a problem. I don't believe it has ever been raced. It's only been owned by one old lady, so I'm guessing it hasn't been raced. As for the ladies I wasn't thinkin about it for them though it's a bonus I'm just thinkin for myself.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:13 PM
tbrooks

The Roush is also a GT, the 07 is not a GT. I just drove the 07, so I've now driven both. I wasn't impressed with the 07 at all the Roush had a lot more power and just felt better. The inside of the Roush was also a lot nicer. We can probably get the Roush for $11,200 out the door.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:25 PM
X6StringerX
1st Gear Member

I'll be honest with you, I would never even consider buying a V6 Mustang if I had to keep it. If I got a good enough deal on it and thought I could turn around and flip it for some cash, then yes, I would go for it. I don't mean to step on the toes of the V6 owners here, but there are a lot of other V6 powered cars I would consider before I would go with a V6 Mustang. Its not for lack of reliability or because I don't think they can be made fast or anything of that nature; I would just never buy a "muscle" car with a V6. NOTHING can match the sound a V8... NOTHING.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

80k miles is nothing at all to be afraid of on these newer (94-present) Mustangs, and it'd be something unique and reliable. Why not go for it? Good luck!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:55 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

any pics of the two cars?
Old 06-05-2009, 10:31 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Dont pay $14k for the V6. IMO that is outpriced unless it's got next to no miles on it.

The Roush is nice, and I am in college man. You've gotta think about things like if your college is a drive away from home and you plan on driving home -- gas will cost more (I can get 30mpg in my V6 Mustang). I dont know what the Roush gets but I'd assume a lot less. Then you've also got to realize that you will have people wanting to street race you (in either car) a lot. With that Roush and all that power I'm sure you'll use it and you really have to know your limits with such a powerful car -- you could end up totaling it, getting tickets, etc.. I'm not trying to sway you away from it, as it probably is the better choice but just make sure you think about everything. You should definitely have one of the fastest cars for someone your age and I know when I was your age I would have abused the heck out of a Roush, or any car really. I'm not saying I dont abuse my current car but I try to tone it down. Someone above said you can't get a V6 to sound like "real muscle," however, there are many exhaust options you can do and get your V6 sounding REALLY nice, and some sound a lot like a V8. Go on youtube... you can find plenty of nice sounding V6's... see this video here. The mod's for the Roush and the V6 are endless.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:16 PM
tbrooks

Thanks for all the help. I decided to go with Roush, and I'm very happy. I will post pics of it probably later today.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
X6StringerX
1st Gear Member

Yay!!! That's definitely the route I would have taken in your situation.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:17 PM
TurtleSLow
3rd Gear Member

oh yeah a manual GT or an automatic v6.. that was a no brainer!

the only reason i own a v6 is because i cant afford the insurance at 18 yrs old,(got the car when i was 16, obviously couldnt pay it then either) and i still owe on it now. so im just doing what i can with it, i know my next mustang will be a gt or an 03-04 cobra
Old 06-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueMagic
Girls just want a good guy and a nice car. Which they both are.
Not the ones I've had dealings with lol

Quick Reply: 2001 Ford Mustang Roush vs 2007 Mustang