General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What is the best car cover for all weather?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 PM
edevildude
1st Gear Member

Default What is the best car cover for all weather?

I was wondering what you guys think is the best car cover to get for my 98', cause me and my dad are getting a 68' chevelle and theres only room for one car in my garage but don't want to just leave the stang out to the elements cause she's still my baby. Im in CT so i have to deal with storms and snow so i need some help finding the right cover. you guys know of some that are real good
Old 07-18-2009, 06:52 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Better than that, how about grabbing one of those portable shelters? It's kinda like a tent you drive your car into. Great protection as long as you have a spot on your property to put one
Old 07-18-2009, 07:55 AM
ToddZilla
1st Gear Member

Depends on the kind of weather you're most likely to see. Around here, the winds kick up over 30 pretty regularly and over 50 throughout most of the spring. High winds tend to shred car covers (and tents) and the blowing dust/sand can get under them, leading to scratches in your paint.

If you're only dealing with average winds and rain/snow, any quality fitted cover should do the job. There are multiple brands to choose from--just hit up JC Whitney or some of the other websites catering to car folk and compare price & features.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

I seriously consider find alternate storage or try to protect the car with wax and UV protectant for the plastic and rubber.

Wind and car covers are bad news.

I was going to buy a VIRGIN 1990 Mustang that my friend bought brand new. It was only driven for about 3 years but only on bright sunny Sundays.
It was placed in a garage and literally preserved for over 15 years.
Then he lost his storage and bought and expensive cover and parked it outside for 1 year.

When he decided to sell it. I said "sold" thinking of that beauty in the garage.
We lifted the cover it was all dirty, interior smelled, all the aluminum under the hood was corroded, the paint was dull and paint on every corner was worn away. Rear spoiler, front edges for fenders and bumpers. It was a sad day and I decided not to buy it.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:58 PM
onedesigntalk

They have some decent ones from empire. their website has a computer generation tool so you can see what the cover looks like on and off the car pretty cool.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com/