General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SCT Tuner (i have no idea what to do with one)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
titsinkuen

Default SCT Tuner (i have no idea what to do with one)

Hey guys,

Just started modin my s197 ( v6 automatic) Just did GT takeoff dual exhaust ( LOVE em). Im gettin ready to do a cold air intake and throttle body from BBK...needless to say i also wanna sct tune it. Ive been doin research but i cant find anything that teaches u how to use it ...im hopin that the user manual u receive with the tuner tells you what to do but i downloaded the pdf from the sct website and got nothin. Any way can some one tell me what each of these things mean and when i would need to change them

*WOT Fuel Adjustment • Idle RPM
• Spark Adjustment • Transmission Shift Points
• Axle Ratio • Fuel Injector Size
• Tire Size - Rev / Mile • Air Intake Selection
• Cooling Fan Temps • Traction Control On / Off
• Rev / Speed Limiters • Two StepOn / Off RPM

---im gettin 18x9 rims for the front and 18x10s for the back according to this list i need to adjust for that but im unsure of how i would do that. I also dont understand what would be the optimum IDLE RPM... i plan on puttin some headers, underdrive pulley, 200 amp alternator, screamin demon pack, Jet module , high flow cats, and a rear differencial...i know that each of these is gunna need a specific tune (right?) so how will i know what percentage , grade or level to put these at. ( My brother just got a tuned 2000 mustang , he accidentally brought it back to stock so he took the car to the guy he bought it from, the guy retuned it and then moved away so i got no one to teach me) I would love it if you guys could pass on some knowledge. Ive given some specific questions but if i could get abroad ubderstanding it would be AWESOME.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 01:48 AM
mestengo
1st Gear Member

Your best bet will be to contact a top tuner like Bama or Brenspeed. Do not go in the tuner and change parameters you are not familiar with. Order a tune from one of these vendors, load it to your tuner (go to the sct website for more info) and download it to your car. I do not think most of the items you listed would require a retune and you can probably delete the jet module from your list. You may want to post in the V6 section since many of the members there can point you in the right direction in terms of modifications.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

What's the "Two stepOn/Off RPM" option all about?

It would be nice if SCT would provide better documentation for this stuff.