General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question for sixers with dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:53 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

Default Question for sixers with dual exhaust

I am wondering what alot of you v6 guys with dual exhaust had to do to get it to work? Did you cut your bumper? Did you buy gt bumpers? Was there a way to have the mufflers facing downward? I need some input. I am trying to sell my stock exhaust to a guy who has a v6 but we are curious about how he could get it to work. Any input would be great. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

I don't know how different it would be with the new edge sixers (and don't know why it would be), but I just cut my bumper and I'm far from the only one. You could also upgrade to a GT bumper, thats more expensive but some say it looks more stock. I like the look of the cut bumper on the S197 but am not sure how it works on the 03.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:18 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

thanks man, got any pics of your cut bumper? I suggested that he make just small cuts just to allow it to fit but he is unsure if thats what he wants to do.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Synyster06Gates
4th Gear Member

A lot of shops will just shim the hangers so it will just clear the bumper, no cutting needed. Very simple process
Old 09-22-2009, 11:30 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates
A lot of shops will just shim the hangers so it will just clear the bumper, no cutting needed. Very simple process
Sweet deal thats the answer I was looking for. Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Widowmaker[X]
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates
I HATE the way this looks though... Cutting the bumper is very easy for someone that knows how to work with metal. All you need is a powerful drill and a 4' diameter hole bit.

READ THIS
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/bumper.htm
Old 09-23-2009, 12:39 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Widowmaker[X]
I HATE the way this looks though... Cutting the bumper is very easy for someone that knows how to work with metal. All you need is a powerful drill and a 4' diameter hole bit.

READ THIS
http://www.miracerros.com/mustang/bumper.htm
I dont think the guy wants to cut the bumper though even if it is easy. But I will pass that info along.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:13 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03_GT_Reaper
thanks man, got any pics of your cut bumper? I suggested that he make just small cuts just to allow it to fit but he is unsure if thats what he wants to do.
No problem. I'll post a pic if you want, I hope its relevant to the car. I used a template that's on the Pypes website, I'm not sure if there's one for your body style:
Old 09-23-2009, 06:30 PM
03_GT_Reaper
2nd Gear Member

you cant even tell the bumper has been cut. Ill pass that pic along to the guy as well. I think that article widowmaker gave me was for our body style.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:03 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Cutting the plastic on the SN95 cars looks like crap. Hanging a bit lower to clear looks just fine (to me). Buying a GT bumper cover is easy enough as well.

Quick Reply: Question for sixers with dual exhaust