MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   cant do donuts anymore on v6 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/575474-cant-do-donuts-anymore-on-v6.html)

SYNY5TER 11-30-2009 06:06 PM

cant do donuts anymore on v6

ok i remember i used to do a lot of donuts bak then when i first got my mustang and it was the kool thing to do in high school, plus all my friends didnt kno how to do it. so i became a badass lol jk.

well now these days i dont do donuts anymore, i do drifts now, and i wanted to try out a donut and while i was doing it, it wasnt the same anymore. i can only feel one wheel doin the burnout and the other just not responding. so basically its doin the one wheel open differential burnout.

i believe my rear end is stock, without posi (trak lok, lsd) cuz im the second owner, and the stuff i see wat the previous owner did to my car, i highly doubt he would kno wat a lsd does. so y couldnt i do a donut anymore.

do i hav to put oil or something on the gears????

2011Black5.0 11-30-2009 06:17 PM

maybe you just didnt notice before that it was only spinning the one tire. all V6s do the one wheel peel

mustangcat 11-30-2009 07:15 PM

Yeah you'll have to invest in a different rear end... :(

Kona6Stang10 11-30-2009 07:19 PM

which way are you turning right or left......if you go right....u won't be able to do them .....if you go left you will...sorta lol

Robobble 12-01-2009 05:02 PM

ahaaahaha one wheel peel

GreyStang 12-03-2009 04:34 PM

.. how the hell can you drift in a V6 Stang?

Robobble 12-03-2009 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by GreyStang (Post 6670952)
.. how the hell can you drift in a V6 Stang?

lol I was gonna say that but I didn't want to be mean. I can barely even get my tires to slip in my sixxer from a stop. Like, you really have to get on it. It is completely stock though. *shrug*

hahah what's with the new smileys? :icon_vp:

2011Black5.0 12-03-2009 05:42 PM

:icon_party: lol who cares should be intresting to see how everyone uses them

satur9poet 12-03-2009 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Robobble (Post 6671036)
lol I was gonna say that but I didn't want to be mean. I can barely even get my tires to slip in my sixxer from a stop. Like, you really have to get on it. It is completely stock though. *shrug*

hahah what's with the new smileys? :icon_vp:

That's actually a good thing now that winter's here. I got a feel for how it handles in a snow-covered parking lot and the car felt like it was nailed to the ground. I couldn't make it go into a skid no matter how I tried. Of course i have snow tires too...:icon_stooge:

Robobble 12-03-2009 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by satur9poet (Post 6671137)
That's actually a good thing now that winter's here. I got a feel for how it handles in a snow-covered parking lot and the car felt like it was nailed to the ground. I couldn't make it go into a skid no matter how I tried. Of course i have snow tires too...:icon_stooge:

Lol when it's raining I can get it all the way through third tires going nuts. Can get some pretty good brakestand smoke too when it's dry(not sure if 1 wheel or both but I've gotten pretty heavy white clouds going) It depends on your tires too. Maybe he has special drifting slicks or something lol. Doubtful
as they probably wouldn't be street legal. But who knows.