General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

pretty sure brakes are sticking/hanging... so caliper questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 09:43 PM
saber63

Default pretty sure brakes are sticking/hanging... so caliper questions!

Alrighty... near as i can tell the front brakes hunge up on me today... the lovely smell of gross, and a few good puffs of white smoke front the right wheel area...

luckly no fire.

anywho, whats the best option's for brakes? the car is a 99 3.6L V6

it should be noted the car is a wrecked car with slavage title, and i have NO idea what all happend to it... other then front and rear dammage, a pretty mangled looking front frame cross member.

the same wheel also drags on the sway bar at full lock... however it doesnt have stock rims either....

so currently im debating on getting some cheap (sub $500) replacments but not sure what will fit.

of course the other option which i like to look at, is turning the car into a road course car (i have talk to a few people about this) however the unknown state of the frame and other bits has me worried....

but the idea of getting some nice 4 pot calipers,pads and SS lines, wiht new fluid is also on my mind... however i can only find big break kits... which IMO is really abit of over kill.....

Hhhhmmmm

whats your thoughts?

-Levi