General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Lots of questions and new member info

Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
crzydrummer

Default Lots of questions and new member info

Whats up guys, my name is Shelby and I'm the owner of a V6 07 mustang. DONT HATE!!! I know its a V6 but its not something I could really help. Currently I have a cold air intake on it from bbk and a throttle body spacer. Next week I'm going to get a custom dual exhaust w/ an x pipe and magnaflow mufflers. Hopefully two weeks after that I'll have my flash programmer. Anyways my thing is...I wont be able to get the power I need out of the V6. It just seems like there's to much that can go wrong. Basically, I love the new coyote 5.0L V8 that ford came out with and I'm going to start saving up for an engine swamp but I have two questions???? Is it possible to do that and what all do you have to do to get the 5.0 fully installed??
Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crzydrummer
Whats up guys, my name is Shelby and I'm the owner of a V6 07 mustang. DONT HATE!!! I know its a V6 but its not something I could really help. Currently I have a cold air intake on it from bbk and a throttle body spacer. Next week I'm going to get a custom dual exhaust w/ an x pipe and magnaflow mufflers. Hopefully two weeks after that I'll have my flash programmer. Anyways my thing is...I wont be able to get the power I need out of the V6. It just seems like there's to much that can go wrong. Basically, I love the new coyote 5.0L V8 that ford came out with and I'm going to start saving up for an engine swamp but I have two questions???? Is it possible to do that and what all do you have to do to get the 5.0 fully installed??
Welcome... I would imagine it wouldn't be much different then a 4.0>4.6 swap, same concept. I can tell you right now you will need a new tranny, rear end, wiring harnesses.. ect... Alot of work and time consuming.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 AM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

and alota money. itd be easier to sell the six and get the 5.0
Old 06-23-2010, 06:21 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:48 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

welcome
Old 06-23-2010, 07:03 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Engine swaps are insanely expensive UNLESS you have the mechanical skills to do the work yourself, it will almost always be way cheaper to just sell your car & buy another one with the engine you want.

..same goes for tranny swaps
Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

Nothing wrong with V6 Mustangs. There have the place. So enjoy it for what it is and drive it.

IF you desire more power. Don't waste your time doing it the hard way. That is why there are optional engines, for those that want more power.

So I totally agree with selling and buying the one you want.

As for the engine swap, yes major expensive and intensive labour. Mainly because it's not just a matter of unbolting the v6 and bolting in the v8. It's all the other work that comes along with a proper swap. Radiator, electronics, exhaust, transmission, rear end, suspension, oh I'm sure there is more.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:08 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forum.

everyone who has suggested selling your car and buying the 5.0 is correct. itll be much cheaper and have a warrenty.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:07 PM
crzydrummer

well i have been workin on a few things for the v6, i already have a cold air intake and throttle body spacer. Next week i'm gettin dual exhaust w/ an x pipe, then sooner or later i'm goin to get a livewire programmer but I mean is there anything else i could do to gain power? cuz i always hear that the 4.0L is a bad motor to try to add stuff to such as heads, cam, all that stuff