General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Corbeau seats in 94-04's

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:12 PM
CopNaStang
1st Gear Member

Default Corbeau seats in 94-04's

Has anyone installed Corbeau seats in their stangs with the Corbeau tracks? I need more legroom in my 04 GT. The extended tracks raise the seat up so far that its just as annoying as no legroom. So, as long as the Corbeau seat height is no heigher than stock, great. I would like another 1-2 inches of legroom. My other thought would be to see if a welding shop could extend a manual seat track somehow, but not even sure if thats possible.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CopNaStang
Has anyone installed Corbeau seats in their stangs with the Corbeau tracks? I need more legroom in my 04 GT. The extended tracks raise the seat up so far that its just as annoying as no legroom. So, as long as the Corbeau seat height is no heigher than stock, great. I would like another 1-2 inches of legroom. My other thought would be to see if a welding shop could extend a manual seat track somehow, but not even sure if thats possible.
Hey man let me know how it goes and what you decide to do. I'm 6'3 and it getting kind of frustrating getting in and out the car sometimes. I was thinking about getting the back seat delete system and the track extenders but if you say the track extenders raise up the seat, then I probally want be going that route. Let me know..

Last edited by Soldier GT; 07-10-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:53 PM
bigjohnstud4200

I think the seats are lower.. check out this thread.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-ii-seats.html
Old 07-11-2010, 03:03 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Yes, they sit lower than stock by several inches. I run them in my car currently, and have had them in all but one of my fox bodies.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:54 AM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

The Corbeau seats are very nice but,quite expensive and
it comes down to if you want to spend alot on seats or not.
I know that the extended tracks do raise the seat up alittle bit.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:11 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

To me, seats are worth it. You use them EVERY time you drive the car. And if you get them from the right place, they aren't too bad cost wise.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 AM
CopNaStang
1st Gear Member

I agree! I dont mind spending the money on them at all. So now I know that I do gain headroom BUT do I gain any leg room at all?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Some. You'll have more wheel to knee space.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
CopNaStang
1st Gear Member

Can you drill new holes on the bottom of the seat to get more legroom? It seems like only 99+, you cant do the legroom mod to the stock seats due to the shape of the seat frame. The Corbeau's looked flat on the bottom, so I figured they may be able to be modded by moving the seatframe forward and drilling new holes.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Dkblue98GT

I had the Corbeau A4 seats in my car for a while.

I am 6'4", I have seat track extensions in my car now. I used manual Mustang seat tracks with the Corbeau adapter plates. It was an easy bolt in.

I bought the seats off Craigslist and recovered them with Corbeau microsuede covers, they looked great in my car.

I had plenty of head and leg room but the A4 is not very wide and my *** is too wide for them...

The adapter plates are very simple, you could make your own with more setback really easily.

I will try to post pics of the seat bottom and plates in the next few days.

Quick Reply: Corbeau seats in 94-04's