General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Gen. TECH: Seasonal Storing of your Mustang help/tips

Old 02-12-2006, 01:42 PM
1BIGMOFO
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Gen. TECH: Seasonal Storing of your Mustang help/tips

for the fuel i like STABIL its a feul stabilizer it works great i use it in my car for the winter and my bike also in my sled for the summer
Old 02-14-2006, 05:48 PM
goehls347

I'm wondering what to do if I don't really have the option to start and drive my car every once in a wile wile its stored. I would change the oil and put a full tank of freash gas with stablizer in it. but I am in the army and wile I am deployed i don't get a chance to come back and starter up every three weeks or so. any tips would be great.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:04 PM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

we never have run the stangs in the "storage" period (dont like calling it []winter[]). noone i know does up here for any car, and everything is fine. never had problems, and noone else ever has.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:32 PM
tictac
2nd Gear Member

hmm. thanks for the tips. im PCSing to Kuwait for a year, at least and my car will be in storage while im away.

ill prolly just throw my old tires/rims on there during storage so i dont fsck up my new tires.

raising it on jackstands is a good thing? i figured your springs would be really stretched out after a while.

id appreciate the help. i leave around july.

ps. wondering what ill do with it when i get back from kuwait.... boost? cobra? hmm....
Old 09-02-2006, 07:48 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

I start mine once every 10 days or so for about 15 mins. I turn on the A/C as well to keep the O rings lubed and prevent cracking which causes refrigerant leakage.

Move it to a different spot in the garage to keep the tires good.
I know some guys who put styrofoam under the tires thinking this will prevent flat spotting (maybe it does).

In addition to stabil, I pour in a bottle of gas line anti freeze as extra protection to keep water from condensation from screwing internals up.

Keeping it covered is a good idea.

As much as I hate storing it, the feeling of taking it out for the first run in spring is AWESOME!
Old 11-11-2006, 01:27 PM
DKGreenMetallic98
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firestarter

damn , and i was wondering why mustangs get stored for winters , im getting one in the next couple of weeks , and i wanted to know , 'is it impossible to drive it while raining?'
virtually impossible.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:00 AM
04mystichrome

I just got a 2004 Cobra in october and it has been in the garge for about a month and a half. I don't want to mess anything up so any sugestions. I have let it warm up a couple of times but it hasn't moved since then. Any IDEAS?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:21 AM
DaGTKing46
1st Gear Member

i just put it in my garage sry about the spelling im a lil deee deee
Old 03-07-2007, 12:24 PM
blacksheeps11
1st Gear Member

It may sound fun to take your stang out for some snow abuse, but I had to spend a whole winter driving my dearly departed 66 coupe...no fun, no traction, no more rustfree body.I am now a firm believer in winter stang' storage. My 91 LX will never touch snow again, unless it slings from my boots as I walk by to jump in the 94Ranger beater truck.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:10 PM
South NJ Stang

While I'm up at school, both my mustangs get stored. I don't really prep them much because if anything they will sit a maximum of 3 weeks. Whenever I go home though I start both and let them run for a good 10 minutes each.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gen. TECH: Seasonal Storing of your Mustang help/tips