General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

New to the forum - Have a question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Mixednuts
2nd Gear Member

Default New to the forum - Have a question

Hey Gang, New to the forum. Just purchased a 2004 GT Anniversary Edition. Prior to me owning this car someone did some modifications. My question is about the fog lights. I am talking to the dealer about a problem that may not be a problem but an actual modification. The fog lights are always on if the lights are on just as if I pushed the button to turn them on and the button glows green.

So if I turn the headlights on the fog lights are on with them.

Pushing the button does not make them go off. If you hold the button in the are off. When you release it they are on. High beams I think they go out I would have to double check.

Wondering if someone modified the wiring tying them on all the time when the headlights are on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
JZ
Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 PM
MustangWarrior80

Originally Posted by Mixednuts
Hey Gang, New to the forum. Just purchased a 2004 GT Anniversary Edition. Prior to me owning this car someone did some modifications. My question is about the fog lights. I am talking to the dealer about a problem that may not be a problem but an actual modification. The fog lights are always on if the lights are on just as if I pushed the button to turn them on and the button glows green.

So if I turn the headlights on the fog lights are on with them.

Pushing the button does not make them go off. If you hold the button in the are off. When you release it they are on. High beams I think they go out hid bulb I would have to double check.

Wondering if someone modified the wiring tying them on all the time when the headlights are on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
JZ
Did you even bother to check the fuse? I would think thats step one.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Mixednuts
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangWarrior80
Did you even bother to check the fuse? I would think thats step one.

Fuse???????????? --- I would think the lights would not work at all if it were a fuse?????