General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Mechanic Help 07 MUstang GT

Old 04-21-2011, 02:51 PM
KraitosBlack

Default Mechanic Help 07 MUstang GT

All right...Here is my story. I was driving my car a week ago and a little wrench light popped up, which caused my car to run slower when ever I pushed down on the gas. Once I shut my car off and turned it on the wrench dissappeared and my car was running fine again. It has only happened 2 times all together in 2 different days. But that isnt my question. I took my car to ford service for them to see what was wrong. When they called me they told me I needed a new ETB(Electronic Throttle Body???not sure) and it would cost 600 dollars. And then they told me they fixed the recall that my car had about a passenger airbag. I told them I couldnt pay for the ETB that day so they told me they were gonna put something back together and I can go pick my car up in 20 mins. I went to got pick my car up and it had problems starting up, but that seemed to of passed after trying 2 times. Then when I went to plug my phone in to listen to MP3s I pushed the AUX button and it said No Aux Audio input something like that. Usually it says "line in" when I push the AUX button. See now this is where I'm getting at. On the way to the ford service I was listening to my MP3s fine with no problem and I have never had a Problem with my radio at all. Now when I take my car to be serviced and pick it up I find that my AUX does not work anymore not matter what I do. So I believe with all my heart they are the ones who ruined it since it worked on the way there and everytime before that. But they are saying it must of happened naturally because whatever they did had nothing to do with the radio area. I just need to know what could of caused it to stop working from what they did to my car. There has to be something. I know they did it. I take care of my car its a 2007 Mustang GT and it only has 25,000 miles on it. And I baby it
Old 04-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

You can get an aftermarket throttle body or FRPP throttle body for about half the cost of the OEM one. I believe though it will require a tune if you do so that would be the other $300 (for a total of about $600) and you would get a tuner with it.

COntact American Muscle or Brenspeed for options if you're interested.

As for the stereo, find the fuse in the fuse panel for it, pull it, wait a couple minutes, then put it back in. See if that resets it. Depending on what they did to diagnose it, it could have caused a hiccup with the stereo. It's possible but not absolute.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
KraitosBlack

Thank u Derf00 I will try that. I hope it works.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:32 AM
ITALIANO66669
2nd Gear Member

throttle bodies are very common problem,go high performance
Old 04-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Be careful with the BBK throttle bodies. I've heard lots of problems with them