General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Can i put a 2jz in my mustang?

Old 09-04-2005, 11:13 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Can i put a 2jz in my mustang?

ORIGINAL: Acer2428
That's b/c we prefer 1,400hp TT Linginfelter vettes
Old 09-05-2005, 12:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Acer2428

That's b/c we prefer 1,400hp TT Linginfelter vettes
Lingenfelter*

and you only WISH you could afford that what is it? 120 grand price tag.

Old 09-05-2005, 07:39 AM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

If he has engine readily available, why not stick it into mustnag, good idea.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:34 AM
94Cbra
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4600cc

If he has engine readily available, why not stick it into mustnag, good idea.
Am I the only one who thinks this is a little retarded? Hes not gonna just modify some motor mounts and drop the damn thing in. Hes going to need to fit some kind of tranny with it, and thats more than likely going to require a custom made adaptor plate and about a dozen other things if not more. Then hes going to have to fabricate a mounts for the new tranny. Hes going to have to wire it some how, I seriously doubt the factory steering will work, etc, etc... Basically the whole car will be a totally custom project from top to bottom. All that time and effort put into a swap like that you could have a direct drop in 347, run a turbo on that and be done with it.

My point is if hes got the engine so readily available, then just find a regular non turbo supra and drop the "2jz" in there. Non turbo supras are affordable and arent hard to find.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:52 PM
punishercb
1st Gear Member

Well, hopefully he has the tranny too. That way he just needs the tranny mounts and ecu. It is actually doable, and it would be bad as hell. There's no reason any of you guys should talk trash about this motor. It is an extremely bulletproof motor. I'd kill to have one of them.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:09 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

if u have the motor next to you and know how to do it, then go ahead.

If your going to buy the motor and have somebody do it, then when your done cooking rice, pass some to me. put an LS7 in it
Old 09-05-2005, 08:44 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

This does seem like the most disgraceful thing ever done to a mustang [&:]. Sure it'd be unique but never in my life did I think that I'd hear someone that's going to put a Toyota engine in a Mustang. Don't do it, I won't like you lol.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:35 PM
kwikstang
1st Gear Member

imho. leave this guy be. seeing that you're a noob to these forums, here's a word of advice. don't ever use non-mustang or jdm jargon. most guys on this forum won't have a clue what you're saying and will flame you for it, even the moderators do it. a lot of these guys are purists. don't let them get to you. if you've got access to a 2jz and have the necessary finances, do it. it would be a lot of work but if you manage to get it to run, good job. much props. then again. if you've got easy access to a 2jz, you'd might as well keep in the mark iv and build it up. good luck.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:03 PM
MachFury03

thats actually a really sick idea. not only will it be totally original it will smoke the **** out of all the 4.6 engines they have. American muscle with a little rice would be a very interesting combo. Now that you have given me that idea i will prolly be trying it too. Definatly let me know if you do go any further with it than this forum and in depth as in what year mustang your dropping it in and what other modifications you plan on using for the swap. thats an endless posibility for the mustang as far as power goes. and just for the record the engine is a 3.0

[IMG]local://upfiles/21429/AB486507A27B4F1EB7DAFE8D1C0E22BA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-05-2005, 11:00 PM
charlesford

What year mustang are you talking about dropping this into? Unless it's a '68 Shelby just keep the supra intact, dude.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can i put a 2jz in my mustang?