General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Idea's On Best Car Paint Product's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Ride2The3Stang

Default Idea's On Best Car Paint Product's?

Ok, So I just bought an '03 GT Mustang as a project car. I have some spot's on it that I need to feather out. I would appreciate it if I could get some idea's on:

1) What are the best brand's of paint to purchase, and where. Website's? Store locations? etc... i'll even accept cheap brand's. Dupli-Color? :/

2) Primer's? Same applie's to the top ^^^

3) Also, Paint gun's. I'm really looking to purchase this stuff over the internet.

4) And Finally.... SOME POINTER'S!

I'm only 19 year's young, I enjoy car's (Muscle Car's Mainly), I still have so much to learn. Just looking to get some Hint's/Tip's/Pointers. I became interested in car's after watching my dad constantly working on his Chevelle SS's, Nova's, Fastback's. I don't have a budget really... So i'm willing to listen and learn.

Thanks!!!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:47 PM
thor'svr4

ive had good luck with the Devilbiss spray guns. i would say you want to get a gravity feed HVLP gun. High Volume Low Pressure guns dont get as much overspray and save you some paint/money/time.

http://www.autorefinishdevilbiss.com...nsandCups.aspx

if you are only trying to do small spot repair (not repainting a whole car) and dont plan on painting any friends cars i would look into the automotive 'spray paint'. Some auto paint shops can actually take the paint they mix up for your car and put it into a spray can so that you dont need a gun. its really useful for people who got a mirror or something small from the junk yard. ive never used spray cans, but you might want to pick one up just to play around with.

i would use google to find a local auto paint supply shop (theres a lot of them out there) and just stop by and talk to the guys. most of the time there really helpful and will point you in the right direction. theres a LOT to painting. its not exactly hard, but it does take a lot of work and a lot of time. perfection is in the details.