MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   Airbag light on and curise control not working. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/665270-airbag-light-on-and-curise-control-not-working.html)

OutlawFirebird 02-26-2012 12:12 AM

Airbag light on and curise control not working.

I just installed new bbk headers and midpipe on my 07 gt, and after we were done, and took if for a drive the airbag light is on, At first it blinked, now it stays on. and the cruise control does not work,, the lights for the cruise control do not light up. the passenger airbag light above the stero still works. Does any one have some ideas on how to fix it? I did tune it with a stc tuner.

U R 11 5 02-26-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by OutlawFirebird (Post 7854174)
I just installed new bbk headers and midpipe on my 07 gt, and after we were done, and took if for a drive the airbag light is on, At first it blinked, now it stays on. and the cruise control does not work,, the lights for the cruise control do not light up. the passenger airbag light above the stero still works. Does any one have some ideas on how to fix it? I did tune it with a stc tuner.

I swapped my v6 for a v8 and I have the same problem and idk why. I have a feeling your fix is easier than mine. Does your horn work?

Apstang50 02-26-2012 01:04 PM

I'd take a good look under the hood and car make sure nothing got it or unplugged. Could also be a bad clock spring?

OutlawFirebird 02-26-2012 01:33 PM

horn is also not working, after doing more research, seems like a clock spring issue, But I have no idea were that is.

Apstang50 02-26-2012 01:35 PM

I believe the clock spring is behind the steering wheel, you need to remove the wheel to replace it.

OutlawFirebird 02-26-2012 01:41 PM

ok thanks, were Can I get a new one? how do i remove the wheel?

Apstang50 02-26-2012 01:50 PM

I've never had to get one, it may be a dealer item but I'd check your local parts stores first.

OutlawFirebird 02-26-2012 01:58 PM

i think advance has them, but I still have no idea how to get the wheel off.

freyes 02-29-2012 01:15 PM

There should be two plugs on either side of the steering wheel. Pull the plugs out and you will see a bolt in each side of your steering wheel column. First, disconnect your negative battery terminal, wait 10 to 15 minutes, then remove these two bolts. They hold on the airbag. Pull the air bag off so you can see the plugs that attach the air bag wires to the steering column. Detach these connectors by pressing on the clips. Place your airbag in a safe place. Your clock spring is now in front of you.

OutlawFirebird 03-09-2012 02:47 PM

Got it done a week ago, it was not as hard as I though, Once you get the airbag out of the way, you have to remove a metal piece that activates the horn when pressed, remove the center bolt that holds the wheel in place, and the wheel pops right off. then you can take the clock spring out, 4 screws hold it in.