General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Unlucky fellow at TX2K12.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Having those headlights alone is an arrestable offense. Doing that same burnout in an empty lot with noone around maybe a caution.....with all those folk that close...arrest for endangering.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 AM
tbomb87
1st Gear Member

Ya that is a questionable place to do a burnout for sure. To be arrested for it? Also questionable in my book. Those cops were brave to arrest the kid in that mosh pit of angry people; that could have gotten ugly.

I also dislike those headlights. To each their own I guess.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

That's exhibition of speed and acceleration, he shouldn't have gotten arrested for it, but he definitely deserved the ticket! and as far as the bystanders, he did put them in harms way so he might get reckless driving....and he should get a ticket for those headlights too, because they are ricey on that car
Old 03-20-2012, 10:24 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

They may have also been setting an example for the others by saying they wouldn't tolerate that **** with just a verbal warning. I'm sure there are several different laws broken by doing that little brake stand, plus you don't know if that guy did not have any previous probation/warrants with the law.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

There it was definitely uncalled for. They should have done something about the other vehicles doing it to as well.

I must say the cops weren't thinking because as others have said it was dang close to causing a roit
Old 03-20-2012, 11:36 AM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrPack91
Dude... I love the headlights.
Me too....
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Js88lx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
impo, not derserved.

Now if we are missing something more to this story like maybe he was warned a couple times already then of course he deserved it but to pick him out of the crowd otherwise is wrong.
i agree.., cops an a-hole for just messing with the one guy when all cars infront did the same.., ahhh cops
Old 03-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Js88lx
i agree.., cops an a-hole for just messing with the one guy when all cars infront did the same.., ahhh cops
The cop wouldn't be an a-hole if people acted a little more mature. He decided to make an example out of the person. I see nothing wrong with that.

Years ago I got pulled over for speeding. I said to the cop "what about the other guy who was speeding too?" he said "I got you"
Old 03-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Js88lx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aschroeger
The cop wouldn't be an a-hole if people acted a little more mature. He decided to make an example out of the person. I see nothing wrong with that.

Years ago I got pulled over for speeding. I said to the cop "what about the other guy who was speeding too?" he said "I got you"
Making an example in this case was to pick on the guy in the stang..., isnt that what it looked like.? couldnt he of called in the swat and made EVERYONE an example since he wasnt the only 1 breaking the law!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

That would be pretty excessive. And whether he was driving a Mustang or a Pinto, he was the most extreme out of the bunch.

I don't have any sympathy for him.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Unlucky fellow at TX2K12.