General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

factory alarm on the fritz

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:03 AM
animes600

Default factory alarm on the fritz

Hey hows it going, name is Eric. Recently replaced my heater core on my 1996 ford mustang gt 4.6L myself. Put everything back together, checked all connections and all were good. When I plugged my battery in, my alarm went off but deactivated it with the remote didn't tjink much of it. Ran the car up to check all **** switches and guages to make sure they were good and found nothing wrong. The next day I ran it up again and let it sit on idle for awhile amd noticed my door lock and unlock with horn sound four times as if I were pressing the alarm remote buttons by itself. I then thought of pressing my alarm remote buttons to see what would happen and doors locked and unlocked activating the alarm system while car was in idle. While driving in the city the alarm system would kick in on its iwn again unlocking and locking the doirs and sounding the horn as if the alarm system was activated with the remote on its own again. This happened as well in the highway a couple of times. Alarm system works as advertised while car is off. Tried opening the car with the key to see if that would reset the alarm system but problem still continues. This is the factory alarm system. If anyone has any knowledge or advise to fix problem, it would be greatly appreciated.h