MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   Worth Saving????? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/689957-worth-saving.html)

built94gt 02-13-2013 06:18 PM

Worth Saving?????

3 Attachment(s)
I am looking for some other inout on if I should trade for this is or not ( basically if its worth fixand and can it be fixed). I have a 92 gsx 750f project that doesnt run and needs some work and had a local add up and a guy gets ahold of me and wants to trade even both are clean title also.
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...0212131105.jpg
Attachment 67321
Attachment 67322
and the worst
Attachment 67323
i am thinking i could just drill the spot welds and replace that way and door is easy but not sure. I only have 500 bucks in the bike but he doesnt know that, also he says it has cams headers lifters injectors intake sparkplug wires alternate coil pcks things like that and it also needs synchronizers fixed cause they arent right he said also starts up but cant be driven do to the synchros. Any help would be appreciated, i just want to know if this is a good deal or not so think of me purchasing this for about $500 would that be a good deal caust that is all i will have in it and im mechanically inclined so most body work and mechanical i can do my self. thanks alot guys.

built94gt 02-13-2013 06:57 PM

Any one out there willing to help at all ??????

FrostByte 02-13-2013 07:59 PM

Its only been a 1/2 hr since your original post. Give peeps some time to see, read & respond.

Also know this, if you cant take the time to use enough punctuation & paragraphs, so what your saying is not so hard to comprehend, many will not take the time to respond.

GL

Looks like a mess to stay away from, gonna take some $$$ to get it right.

Mike T 02-13-2013 08:01 PM

Looks like a pile of junk inside and out to me.

built94gt 02-13-2013 11:04 PM

Ok, sorry about that, he was trying to get me to trade with him asap. But I agreed he tried to talk me into trading that it was a project but i could fix the bike for alot cheaper. So thanks alot guys and sorry about the rush on it, just tryig to figure out some info.

DocSnickers 02-13-2013 11:54 PM

It looks pretty beat up, but anything can be fixed with the time and money put into it.

I would have it inspected before you say yes or no to that kind of trade though. It could have a lot of problems beyond what's clearly visible. It's really sad to see a Mustang of this age in this kind of shape. No reason it should of been left this long.

Things I would check for is if the frame has any damage to it. Just how well does it run you say it starts but why exactly can't it drive?

Check the fluids make sure the blocks not cracked and leaking into the transmission. Doubt it would be on the car given its age but you never know anything can happen. If the transmission fluid looks like strawberry milk its got water in it from the engine.

If it did have a cracked block while at $500 for a project restoration it's not bad. However you would be putting quite a bit of money into it with a new engine.

Can't really tell from the picture but it looks like the floor pans might be a tad rusty. Could still be in decent shape and be saved without having to replace at this point.

Case in point either way it's going to take some serious investment getting her back in shape, but not impossible.

89fiveeight 02-14-2013 08:50 AM

Not unless you have a garage, lots of free time, and are a jack of all trades

PNYXPRESS 02-14-2013 02:16 PM

remove the trim pieces inside of the damaged area and see how far the damage extends. If its just cosmetic then it should be a fairly simple repair. Also check that the top functions property and the frame will lower completly as this will also show the extend of the damage into the structure of the car.

SyNdicateZ 02-14-2013 03:16 PM

Crapola

bluebeastsrt 02-14-2013 04:12 PM

I'd scrap the car and the outhouse in the background.