General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2 known problems on my new car..

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 PM
tamilrmx

Exclamation 2 known problems on my new car..

hello everyone, im new on here. I just bought a 2007 stang v6 pony today. I noticed the driver window has some problems. I'm able to open the window by holding the switch down. If i hold it up to close it up, sometimes it comes back down on its own. And i noticed it doesnt move up/down when i open/close the door also. The passenger one works flawlessly

Another problem i noticed, when i start the car when its fully warmed, the car slightly chugs a bit and can notice the rpms dip a bit and then catch up. Idles smooth when its started up warm, but if i go for a drive and come to a stop i feel that it idles pretty rough, has 88900km currently. Feels as though its rough engine to rattle something behind the radio or dash..Is this normal? Seems like its time for some spark plug/wires??. And maybe clean up the throttle body/manifold passageway? I poured a can of seafoam down the gas tank and filled her up from quarter mark to full, and still does this. It does have a air raid intake and the filter looks dirty/old. I will replace it, but is there some sensor like a Mass Air Flow sensor with resistors that may have been coated with dirt and causing the rough idle/chug while letting go of the gas pedal at highway speeds.

I have to do safety/emission on the car to get a sticker for my license plate in Ontario, Canada, so i want to make sure every things running up to normal conditions lol.

Let me know, thanks guys.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM
tamilrmx

EDIT: Also noticed that when im at a complete stop, and i have to press the pedal down a bit more than usual to get it to move. Feels like a delay, anything to do to solve this?. I know my old 02 Grand Am SC/T was a drive-by-wire kind of system so it was very responsive. The mustang must be electrically controlled i guess, just like my brothers 2006 G6 3.5L, i cleaned out the MAF and got the wires/spark plugs changed on his car and it completely stopped.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 AM
tamilrmx

Ok so i did some searches and found some potential solutions and so i tried them out and it fixed the problems..

- the window needed a relearn since the battery was low on charge from sitting 2-3months at the dealer, they boosted it and charged the battery for me when i went to pick it up the following day after the testdrive.

- the rough idle (500rpm) rattle is gone, i cleaned the MAF with CRC maf cleaner, then cleaned the throttle plate/body/inside of the manifold by using some amsoil powerfoam, got 2 towels full of black crap, and had to floor it 3/4 way down to start it and had a nice smoke show for a minute. Now it idles around 750rpm and doesn't rattle at idle or anything. Did a tune up with NGK iridium ix #7316 + Taylor street thunder wires as well. Found out wire #3 was corroded. Now its very responsive. The air raid airfilter is filthy and im gonna be replacing it with an amsoil air filter next week to prevent the oily air filter from coating the insides again.

Hope this helps for those who experience these problems down the road
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tamilrmx
Ok so i did some searches and found some potential solutions and so i tried them out and it fixed the problems..
Probably why you didn't get any replies.... Always search, search, and search some more. This kind of stuff has been covered several (hundred) times. Chances are you're not the only one who's had the exact problem you're having, so do a search. If you feel it's related to something you find, make a reply to that thread, otherwise, you're clogging up the board with pointless threads (like my pointless post, but we're a little slow at work). If you were over on, say, the XDA board, you'd get flamed pretty hard and prob banned. lol. Welcome to the boards!!