General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Jerk-Face neighbor just hit my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

But it is also street parking and they really don't care. I called and they won't even come to the house to talk to me. I get it. $500-ish bucks worth of damage isn't a BIG deal in the cities eyes when they have 2-3 murders and aggrivated assaults daily. Not to mention the drug element in the area. (Cannot wait to move.)

I'm going the high road. I plugged my guitar into my g/f's bass amp and turned it to 11 and set it against the wall that we share. They've been listening to me BLAST my crappy guitar for the last hour, and now I'm going to "hang some pictures" and "Vacuum the floor". I can do this ALL day. The driver, (the father of the POS family that lives next door) sleeps all day b/c he got Government assistance when Bethlehem Steel did their lay-offs and he is now going to a trade school in the evenings. He's not getting ANY sleep today! Nor is his wife or two mouthy daughters.

(Just for a little background on these people: They have said some pretty choice words to my girlfriend and I in the past, using words that women REALLY don't like to be called. They've stolen our friends dog out of her yard, thrown trash into our yards, their house smells like pee so bad on a hot day you can almost taste it coming through the wall. I've called the health dept so many times I've lost count. They also have the younger daughter do all of the fighting b/c she is underage (17) and my g/f can't beat the crap out of her. This BS is the LAST straw. I'm going to make life a living hell and do it w/in the law. I'm obeying all noise laws and I'm not going to touch their personal property. Karma just caught up w/ 'em and his name is Ditty!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

I understand where your coming from OP. Think it through.......

If your going to wage war with them I would get a camera on your car pretty quickly. Your going to end up getting your car keyed (or worse) and it will cost a lot more than $500.

I had someone hit my car and the cop basically told me I was screwed if I couldn't prove it.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, we already have a camera, and signs in the yard. I know they didn't do it on purpose, but they won't even own up to it. The damage is pretty obvious; not to mention that I witnessed 'em do it twice...I don't know how many times he actually hit the car. Looks like 3-5 times. He was trying to park for quite a while so he had to have hit it a few times at least. Sadly, my front camera didn't catch it as it's currently looking at the front door and the field of view isn't looking out on the street. I'm going to be re-aiming it this afternoon after they decide to get out of bed so they KNOW that I'm monitoring the car. Sucks though that we don't always get to park in front of the house. It's open parking and anyone can park anywhere. It's just common courtesy to allow people to park in front of their own house. (Not anymore for them though. We have 4 vehicles between my g/f and I, even though two are non-operational at the moment.)

I also was able to get a little dirt on 'em through an unexpected source, so that might help me a little.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:13 PM
The Alien
1st Gear Member

writing that you want a revenge on a public forum is not a good idea if you are really planning that.
IMHO don't start a war, because you have more to loose than them.

A suggestion: you told that you can't suit them because they have nothing and the van is not at their name.

Good, suit the owner of the van, he did the damage with that vehicle in a public road so, he could be responsible and then it will be his problem to issue back your neighbor.

I'm not a lawyer, maybe I'm wrong but it could be a better idea instead of anything else
Old 06-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

I just looked at the pics - you my friend need some serious anger management classes. I'm sorry, but damn -

Most of it looks like some good cleaner wax would take care of it and a decent touch up guy could fix the rest for about $100.00 tops.

I get that you hate your neighbors, but your anger FAR surpasses the situation. I'm not siding with them but you seem to be kind of a tough neighbor to have too...
Old 06-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Black*Death
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cristoff
I just looked at the pics - you my friend need some serious anger management classes. I'm sorry, but damn -

Most of it looks like some good cleaner wax would take care of it and a decent touch up guy could fix the rest for about $100.00 tops.

I get that you hate your neighbors, but your anger FAR surpasses the situation. I'm not siding with them but you seem to be kind of a tough neighbor to have too...

+1 Get them to pay for touch up paint
Old 06-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

I've never said two words to these people. We ignore them 99.9% of the time. It's like they try to do things to get at us. I understand y'all not understanding. Those pics were taken at 0300, so they are terrible. It looks MUCH worse in person.

The van is not owned by the driver of the vehicle. I don't know who owns it but I know that it is borrowed. I can't sue the owner b/c he wasn't here, and I can't sue the neighbors b/c they have nothing that is worth anything....so getting the estimated $400-500 is pointless. Baltimore City Police will not do anything either. Me calling my insurance company is just going to cost me my deductible. I've come to the realization that there is nothing I can do to actually FIX my car, so I'm making all of the noise I possibly can to keep them awake and I'm not violating any noise ordinances or codes. Heck, the Cops told me that as long as I don't mess with their property, there is nothing that can be done. They can say that I'm harassing them, but I'm in the middle of doing work in the house and I have to use the saw, hammer etc and the g/f wants me to hang pictures. It's not my fault that I'm not very good with a hammer and I miss the nail 99.9% of the time.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:07 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

If you have a dog, you should wait until 2am and wearing rubber gloves, rub dog $hit all over the idiots door handles.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:07 PM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

Don't **** off your neighbors. They'll vandalize your car or your house. In fact, if you're going to park a new-ish mustang on the street, be the neighbor that everybody likes. Don't drive up with your stereo blasting, and don't start wars with anybody.

In fact, take the high road and apologize for getting angry. Get it fixed, and when you know the final cost, ask if he can reimburse you. He might be relieved that he can do the right thing for so little. If he can't or won't, let it drop.

This one won't cost enough to get that angry or to start a war.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:13 PM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

But if you're going to wake them up, do it this way...

Put a piece of wood up against your shared wall, quietly, and then whack it with a hammer. The objective is for a single, short-duration noise. They might not know what woke them up, and if they do remember the noise, what the hell could it have been? Don't do it so often that they figure it out.

FWIW I don't know if this actually works, and in fact they'll probably figure it out. You shouldn't actually do it

Quick Reply: My Jerk-Face neighbor just hit my car!!!