General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Recall: Whiteline adjustable UCA

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

I still have my factory one, thankfully. I'm going to try to rip the video off my desktop hard drive since the desktop is currently down for a little while. I'll probably use a basic software to compile and upload it.

I haven't had time to get the arm off and switch it with the factory, but i'm already on the list for the upgraded one with Whiteline.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Here is the video, sorry it took so long. Didn't expect the computer issues that I had, and my schedule got a little busy this past week.

This may not be the best camera angle, but I tried to mount it as far "up" as I could. Hopefully it can be of some kind of use, or at least give people an idea of what it goes through. I'll also post of a dashboard view of the circuit to give people an idea of what kind of forces it was going through.

Autocross normally stay in 2nd gear on these cars, so it isn't THAT much, but I do have a earlier dashboard video of a circuit that I was hitting the top of 3rd in. The Whiteline was mounted during that event, but that was before I knew of the issue.

The **** off to the right is a LED Flashlight that I bought at AutoZone the same day to give the view some lighting. The GoPro at that location would not pick up any light during the day or night, so that's what it is for.

Dashboard Video:

Last edited by Boaisy; 08-16-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:38 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

No ones had a separation yet?
I've got the Whiteline LCB but everything else is BMR, so I ordered a BMR LCB.
I'm guessing that makes me **** retentive.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:23 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Interesting video. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:48 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by kzonts
If it's damaged, email Whiteline to get on the list for the new arm. They will ask for proof of purchase.
Proof of purchase?
I would think they would
want ALL of the UCAs in
question back for fear of
a lawsuit.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:50 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

True.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68
No ones had a separation yet?
I've got the Whiteline LCB but everything else is BMR, so I ordered a BMR LCB.
I'm guessing that makes me **** retentive.
The UCA has snapped on cars with about 600 hp+. Mine has about 450hp at the motor, and I race it at least once or twice a month. The last two autocrosses was when it went through most of its paces. Had 10 runs reaching 100mph at the MIR Autocross, and 16 runs (two drivers 8 runs each) during the SCCA one that I posted which only ran to the top of 2nd gear. I do have the MIR video on my Youtube account as well for those who wish to look at that.

All of the other Whiteline parts are fine. The UCA is a "first" for them on the Mustang, and when Steeda did a side-by-side comparison, you can tell that there wasn't enough material to take the force. Simple miscalculation on Whiteline's part, but at least they stepped up, issued a recall, and a stop sale for the part. Most other companies want to do a run around until a lawsuit comes.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:40 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

From what I could see with mine, it's has multiple clearance design flaws. I don't track my car but do some spirited street driving.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

So took mine off a few weeks ago, and finally got time to take some pictures. Whiteline's last ETA was about the end of this month, but I haven't heard anything of recent. Mine was building cracks mainly around the area where it connects to the axle. It also had some scuffs on the side that faces down.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:06 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Not good. I got tired of waiting so Whiteline refunded me and I installed a BMR. No issues with it thus far.

Quick Reply: Recall: Whiteline adjustable UCA