MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   do quarter panel window louvers make it hard to see on the s197 stangs? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/698971-do-quarter-panel-window-louvers-make-it-hard-to-see-on-the-s197-stangs.html)

zentin 07-31-2013 08:55 AM

do quarter panel window louvers make it hard to see on the s197 stangs?

i got quarter panel window louvers on my old 98 stang and i had to take them off because it greatly reduced visibility when i would look over my shoulder.

forexample, if i was at a junction like this at and angle like we have a few in our town, i almost got hit cuz i couldnt see when the other cars are coming from the angle.

so on the s197 mustangs are they designed different or better to see at an angle?

how has your visibility been with quarter panel louvers?

Ricardo 07-31-2013 02:11 PM

They do make a huge blind spot. Had to turn my entire body and lean forward to check my blind spot. I took mine off. Siver Horse Racing makes the ones that are easiest to look back through.

fastbackford351 07-31-2013 02:25 PM

I think it is intersting how the new Mustangs already have quarter glass like the first Shelbys did which, as far as I'm concerned, is a great improvement but so many people choose to cover this glass with louvers so as to look more like the old work-a-day Mustangs instead of the Shelbys.

Add that to the list of things that makes me scratch my butt and blink.

I found the cure for the big blindspot on my Fastback was to put a fish-eye on my passenger side mirror. That, coupled with a lot of head bobbing and weaving to get a good view of what's over my right shoulder.

zentin 07-31-2013 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by fastbackford351 (Post 8257574)
I think it is intersting how the new Mustangs already have quarter glass like the first Shelbys did which, as far as I'm concerned, is a great improvement but so many people choose to cover this glass with louvers so as to look more like the old work-a-day Mustangs instead of the Shelbys.

Add that to the list of things that makes me scratch my butt and blink.

I found the cure for the big blindspot on my Fastback was to put a fish-eye on my passenger side mirror. That, coupled with a lot of head bobbing and weaving to get a good view of what's over my right shoulder.

right on, so the new GT's that come with quarter louvers, can you take off the factory lovers? is there glass/window behind the factory quarter louvers?

XEDES 07-31-2013 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by zentin (Post 8257652)
right on, so the new GT's that come with quarter louvers, can you take off the factory lovers? is there glass/window behind the factory quarter louvers?

Yes.

I like the louvers myself. That 1/4 glass is basically useless in my eyes.

AzPete 07-31-2013 07:55 PM

I agree...the quarter louvers look nice. I just need to break down and get a set. I use my mirrors and never count on seeing out those little windows. Even been known to actually turn the car as I stop to get a good view. Even looking out the quarter....a motorcycle can be missed.......

kennyw 07-31-2013 09:45 PM

I am glad I have the quarter windows. It makes my 2013 Mustang much easier to drive in heavy traffic than my 2010 Camaro. That plus the side mirrors come with spot mirrors built into them.

besandy 08-02-2013 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ricardo (Post 8257560)
They do make a huge blind spot. Had to turn my entire body and lean forward to check my blind spot. I took mine off. Siver Horse Racing makes the ones that are easiest to look back through.

I love the SHR louvers, I think they are the best. I am however worroed about pulling my 2013 apart to put them in forr freaa of leaking and cutting the panel. The instructions are very good but I think it might be beyond my comfort level to install...any suggestions on a pro who might want to?