MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   BBK Emmisions Legal? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/70180-bbk-emmisions-legal.html)

89fiddy 10-09-2005 08:56 PM

BBK Emmisions Legal?

I was one this website today and I was looking at the BBK Cold Air Intake and it had a side note that said it was "Not California Emissions Legal" Why is it not Emission legal?

03YellowPony 10-09-2005 09:14 PM

RE: BBK Emmisions Legal?

ORIGINAL: 89fiddy

I was one this website today and I was looking at the BBK Cold Air Intake and it had a side note that said it was "Not California Emissions Legal" Why is it not Emission legal?
Because the C.A.R.B hasn't approved it yet.

blueangelfightr 10-10-2005 12:47 AM

It's not gonna do anything for emissions. It's all B.S.

03YellowPony 10-10-2005 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

It's not gonna do anything for emissions. It's all B.S.
Not entirely true. If he lives in Cali, and there is no C.A.R.B. sticker, smog techs WILL fail him on visual. Cali is really super tight on that stuff. I was the GM of a franchise of 5 shops. 4 had smog machines. BAR sends in undercovers all the time. If one of my techs passed one, I'd fire him. Either that or BAR would fine him and the frnchise. Do it enough times, and they lead you away in silver bracelets, and impound thousands of dollars worth of equipment. I have seen it happen.

89fiddy 10-10-2005 02:53 AM

It will not affect emmissions unless there is a sticker? Is the sticker on the intake or its something that the emmissions people have?

03YellowPony 10-10-2005 02:56 AM

It will not affect emmissions unless there is a sticker? Is the sticker on the intake or its something that the emmissions people have?
The C.A.R.B. sticker is provided by the parts manufacturer. The part HAS to be aproved by C.A.R.B. in order to get the sticker. It has a number on it provided by the state.

89fiddy 10-10-2005 02:59 AM

ok I got it. So I shouldn't get the BBK cold air because california enviromentalist are bitches. Is there any other cold air intakes that have the same performance as BBK or better?

03YellowPony 10-10-2005 03:13 AM

ok I got it. So I shouldn't get the BBK cold air because california enviromentalist are bitches. Is there any other cold air intakes that have the same performance as BBK or better?
PM AutoBadges. He sells MAC ones. I wish I had before I bought my K&N FIPK2. Not that the FIPK2 is bad, but I coulda saved a few bucks.

nitrous_bob 10-10-2005 02:00 PM

no smog guy is gonna catch that at all....

my buddy did a 350 swap into a jimmy blazer and they welded the carb tag from a set of shorties to a set of long tube headers.

there ARE NO LONG TUBES SMOG LEGAL>>>PERIOD

it even passed the referee who has to do the big inspection for cali cars w/ an engine change.

so i wouldn't worry about it...it looks too stock for them to even think , to think about it

03YellowPony 10-10-2005 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

no smog guy is gonna catch that at all....

my buddy did a 350 swap into a jimmy blazer and they welded the carb tag from a set of shorties to a set of long tube headers.

there ARE NO LONG TUBES SMOG LEGAL>>>PERIOD

it even passed the referee who has to do the big inspection for cali cars w/ an engine change.

so i wouldn't worry about it...it looks too stock for them to even think , to think about it
Maybe not where you live, but here in Cali, they WILL catch it. It's a big hassle with fines and possible jail time if they don't. And since he and I both live in Cali, why take a chance. Somg tech's here are REAL skiddish on passing something that even MIGHT be illegal. Too much to lose.